06 Fight Time

Answer: Tennessee Whiskey
Song: Church Bells
By:Carrie Underwood

Question: If I told you it was a nice day for a white wedding whose wedding are we attending?

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

They line us up on a stage with the crowd of males in front of us whistling and making all kinds of noise.

"Silence!" An elder bellows. "It is time to celebrate another successful year of The Games. All of our males have worked diligently to prove themselves as men and wolves. They will now be given the opportunity to choose their mate. The wolf ranking first overall will have first pick. Alpha Gavin will you please come to the stage."

The Alpha puffs his chest sauntering up to the stage and standing before the elder.

"Please choose your mate." The elder says. Gavin's eyes lock instantly to mine. With a smirk he walks over to me. He takes my chin in his hand firmly forcing me to look at him.

"Hello mate." He grins. I clench my teeth trying to keep hold of my anger.

"Alpha Gavin has chosen miss Everine Filice Waylon. Does anyone challenge this claim?" The elder asks. The stadium is silent. I pull away from Gavin's hold and stand tall.

"I challenge the claim!" I call out. The room fills with voices discussing my challenge.

"Miss Everine, Alpha Gavin, please face the council." An Elder says. I step up to the group of men that includes my father.

"Miss Everine... you can not claim to be your own mate." Another elder states. Well no duh! I'm not asexual!

"I would never make such a claim sir. I am simply not ready to be mated this year. Alpha Gavin is not my mate. The rules state that "After a female is chosen any wolf can challenge the claim in the form of combat." I am a wolf therefore am eligible to challenge the claim." I explain.

"Give us a moment." One elder says.

The elders begin to speak in hushed tones. I can feel the heat of Alpha Gavin's glare as we wait for their verdict.

"We have come to an agreement." One elder starts.

"Miss Everine, you will be allowed to challenge." I smile at him which he returns but continues speaking. "However there are some guidelines. When you lose you will accept Alpha Gavin as your mate in the ceremony with no objection."

"And WHEN I win?" I ask.

"IF you win you may remain unmated for one year however you will still be a young woman 18 years or older next year and will be expected to return to The Games." He says.

"I accept the terms." I say.

"Alpha Gavin, as the challenged you may choose form of combat." The elder says.

"My wolf is dying to put you in your place little mate... and I'm inclined to let him." He whispers in my ear inhaling deeply next to my neck. He then quickly turns to the elders. "We will fight in Wolf form." He announces.

They allow me to step into a room to shift and I come back out as my sandy brown wolf. Alpha Gavin smiles licking his lips.

"This will be fun." He growls and shifts into his black wolf.

By his size and the fact that he's an Alpha I know he is stronger. I am faster for sure but I can't let him get ahold of me.

Gavin goes straight for my neck. I jump backwards and swat his snout leaving a couple claw marks. This just makes him mad. He charges blindly and I dodge leaving him to face plant into the side of the stage we were previously on. This is my way to win. Alpha Gavin is blinded by his rage. He may be stronger than me but he's not thinking things through.

We battle for a long time I have a broken rib that is slowly healing, a bloody face from his massive claws, a few bruises from his body crashing into me, and I'm tired... I need to end this soon.

The Alpha isn't doing much better. I broke his back leg with my jaws and raked his side with my claws. He is bleeding profusely but won't give up. Suddenly I get an idea.

I turn away from an angry Gavin and run towards the stage. I jump atop it and he slides into it. As soon as his shoulder contacts the wood I dive onto his back. I dig all four sets of claws into him getting a good grip then sink my teeth into his neck.

Alpha Gavin bucks and snaps at me trying to dislodge me from him but I hold tighter and tighter. Eventually as I dig deeper he has no choice but to stop moving. If he were to continue my teeth would dig into an artery turning this from a challenge to an execution. Gavin didn't want to submit but an elder stopped the fight as he could not continue.

I shift and put on my sports bra and shorts. After dressing I come back to the stage. An elder walks up to me and leads me to the front of the stage where we face the crowd. I see Alpha Gavin has also shifted and is staring at me with pure hatred.

"Everine Waylon has claimed herself... does anyone challenge this claim?" An Elder asks. The room is silent. "Well then Miss Everine we will be seeing you for next year's Games... enjoy your..."

"I challenge the claim!" A low voice that sends my heart racing rings through the room as a tall man makes his way in through the back door.