(30) brunch combination of the gods

AMELIA ELAYNE MOORE

Harry woke me up a bit later than he usually did by peppering kisses all over my face. And when I say all over, I mean all over - I'm pretty sure I felt a couple on my damn eyelids.

"Baby," I groggily spoke, "your morning breath mixed with my hangover is going to make me puke."

"Well, we don't want that." Harry muttered, sneaking one last kiss on my lips before literally hopping off the bed. He was buzzing with energy, I have no clue where the hell it came from.

"I'll go make us brunch, you go shower and change." He left with a smile and that's when I realized he was already completely changed.

Little shit got ready this morning without waking me up, how sweet.

I stayed in bed for a few second, or minutes, until I finally decided it would probably be best to be ready before he finished brunch. Whatever brunch would be. My shower wasn't long, but putting all the products into my curls seemed to take forever, and I decided on a comfy outfit afterwards.

While digging through my bag for my outfit, my fingers grasped onto a familiar necklace. One that my mother had left for me, just in case she died during childbirth - which ultimately she did. It was a simple, but gorgeous, pearl necklace that I decided would be perfect for today's outfit.

I bounced down the steps, the pills and water Harry had left by my bedside table doing me well. The smell of waffles filled my nose and I don't think I'd ever walked faster to a kitchen before.

"Whatcha cookin'?" I questioned, though I already knew, as I wrapped my arms around Harry's waist that was adorned in an apron.

He momentarily rubbed his thumb across my hand before returning to his cooking, "Chicken and waffles. The perfect brunch combination."

"Mm. Sounds like it." I murmured, peeling myself off of him and jumping onto the counter behind him.

My legs dangled aimlessly in front of me as my eyes peered at the TV he conveniently had in his kitchen. A celebrity news channel was on, and I could faintly hear the high-pitched voice of the host. There was some story she was filming about Ariana Grandes new love interest until it panned onto a new video.

A video of Harry and I. Dancing. Last night. Drunkenly and lovingly.

My body went completely straight, "Harry."

He spun a bit in the opposite direction of the TV to look at me, "What's wrong, love? You look as if you've seen a ghost." A small chuckle emitted from his lips until I didn't react the same way.

His eyes followed to where mine were, landing on the TV as the host spoke, "Last night, sources revealed that Harry Styles was having a celebratory party for his new debut album. A source from the party revealed that it was thrown by Styles', now confirmed, girlfriend who fans believe to be named Amelia Moore. Moore is said to own a bar in California known as Canyon Moon with a business degree from a local community college."

She continued after flashing a picture of my bar, "Pictures were captured of Moore and Styles at his childhood home where she apparently met his family. Sources close to the pair revealed that Moore got along well with his family and friends. And with this new video of the pair dancing on Harry Styles' drummer, Sarah Jones story, we can all see how well she gets on with Styles himself. Is Amelia Moore really Harry Styles' girl crush? What about..."

I felt my heart drop to the floor completely, I didn't even want to listen any further. I wasn't scared of being public with Harry before, but now that it was actually happening it felt completely different than I thought it would. My whole life is going to be out in the open now, my bar and my name has been released - they're going to find everything.

Harry turned off the TV immediately, turning to me completely and laying his hands on my knees. "Amelia, please tell me what's going through that mind of yours."

I met his green eyes as they filled with worry, "I.. I don't... I don't know. Um, what... what do I do now?"

"What do you mean by that?" His thumbs rubbed circles on my legs which caused to me to begin to calm down a bit.

"Everything's out there now." I explained, "Do I have to live differently now? How do I handle this?"

"I can call Jeffrey and have him speak to you about this." Harry sighed, "I'm so sorry, Amelia. This is exactly why I didn't want to go public... fuck, I should've been thinking straight last night. This is my fault, everything is over.."

I cupped his cheeks with my hands to stop him from rambling any further, "Hey, no. Listen to me, okay baby?"

"Okay." His voice was fragile just with one word.

"This," I moved one of my hands and gestured between us, "is not over. In any way, shape, or form. I knew what it would be like coming into a relationship with someone that has the platform you do, I'm just... I'm just confused, that's all. Eventually, they would've found out and it would've been out there anyways."

Harry nodded, "You're right, you're right... but, you. You're okay, right?" I nodded and he laughed, "Of course you're the one helping me right now. This is exactly like you."

"I just handle things well, baby. If you give me a few seconds to figure it out in my mind and freak out a little, then I'll be fine. My freak out is over.."

"Put a price on emotion." Harry speaks a bit as if he's realized something and I cock my head in confusion.

"M'sorry?"

"You said those words to me. You said you wished you could put a price on emotion, so you could look for some to buy." Harry explained, "You're happy right now, when anyone else in your situation would be freaking out."

I nodded, "That's the downside of being Amelia Moore."

"I love your downsides."