(44) welcome back to london, cherry

HARRY EDWARD STYLES

"Do I mention it to her?" I question Mitch as we wait in the airport for Amelia's arrival. "I mean she didn't even seem to realize she was saying it.. and I can't say it. God, why did she have to say it, Mitch?"

Mitch puts his hands on my shoulders to stop me from pacing, "H, you need to calm down. I really think you're making a mistake by wanting to end what's happening with you and Amelia. Just because she didn't realize she was saying the words doesn't mean she doesn't mean it. And I can see you love her, that's why you're so scared."

"I'm not scared." I retort, "I just know this life won't work for her. Zayn said it all those years ago and I should've listened. But, I didn't and now I have to end things." I run my hands through my hair, "Fuck. I wanted to end things before she fell in love."

"With the amount of time you spend together and the connection you two have, the only way you could've done that is by not starting a relationship with her at all." Mitch informs me, "I've seen it since the first time you introduced us to Amelia which was also the first time you'd seen her in years."

"Why didn't you stop me?" I don't even let him answer because I know I shouldn't be blaming him in the first place. "I should've stopped myself.. I'm in too deep and now I have to end it all."

He patted my shoulder reassuringly, "S'alright. I don't think you're making the right decision, but everything always works out in the end. Trust the process, I guess."

I'm happy for the interruption of Amelia's voice because I don't think I'd know what to reply to him either way.

"Harry Styles and Mitch Rowland!" She calls out, and just the sight of her brings a soft smile to my face as much as I wish it didn't.

She's dressed casually but formally at the same time, but I guess she's always been good at that. I can't imagine she'd been too comfortable on the flight, but the blazer she's wearing is bigger on her so she probably found a way.

Her curls are let out all over the place, black rimmed glasses on her freckled and luggage in her hands. Her crooked smile that I've missed more than I'll admit is on her face as she approaches us and immediately I move towards her.

She's like a damn magnet for me; with everything she does, I find myself wanting more. She's my Cherry, and she's mine completely. If only I could be able to deal with all that, but everyones got insecurities.

I pull her into a tight hug, "Hi Cherry."

"Hi, baby." She pulls away and kisses my cheek softly, after making sure where we were was secluded enough. Amelia turns to Mitch next, pulling him for a hug. "Nice to see you, M&M."

"M&M?" I question, not having heard the nickname before.

Amelia nods with a smile, "It's my new nickname for him. He called me on my birthday while I was eating  M&M's and I thought it was destiny."

"It's not original if you ask me." Mitch mused playfully, earning himself a scoff and playful slap from Amelia in reply.

They banter while we walk back to my car through one of the side doors the airport has to offer. I don't reply to any of it, just offer a chuckle at some points when they say something particularly funny.

I wish I could just stop time right now; not have to move forward with tour, not have to let go of Amelia. But, time definitely does not stop for me and we don't all get what we want sometimes. Even though I wish we did.

Amelia chooses the backseat, refusing to let Mitch sit back there since 'it's his country'. "H, are we going to your parents or yours to.. uh, get ready?"

I can tell she's unsure of what words she can say around me right now, though I don't think get ready would do anything to me even if I know what it's for.

"We're going to my mum's. Everyone's getting ready there basically." I reply and she hums in response, sitting back in the seat and dancing a bit to the music playing.

She even convinces Mitch to dance with her a bit, her laugh ringing through our eyes as he attempts to sing along and fails miserably. It's not long before I'm pulling up to my mothers house, all of my friends and family are saying hello to Amelia before departing to get ready themselves.

She does so well with all of them; the kindness she has dripping off each word when she speaks. Everything about her is so damn captivating to me and it's so hard to know I have to let go. I have to give up on the one thing that's giving me hope through this time.

I dress in the suit I'm supposed to wear, a basic black one, while Amelia wears a modest black dress. Her brunette curls are pinned away from her face and her familiar smile isn't on her face when she looks at me.

She takes my hands in hers, "It's going to be okay, baby. Everything happens for a reason, I really need you to believe and remember that. For me."

"I want to.. I really do." I breathe out, "It just... it doesn't seem fair. He was a good man.. he didn't deserve this."

Amelia rubbed her thumb in soft circles on my hand, "No one deserves what he went through, but it's the way of life for some people. He lived a good life and he was a good man who will be remembered."

When I don't answer, she brings her hands to my cheeks and kisses me softly. She conveys the emotion she feels through it - the sadness over the death and for me, the love she feels for me, and the tinge of happiness she just always feel.

She's the only thing getting me through this death.