(39) a jealous bar fight

NO PERSPECTIVE

The music is louder inside Canyon Moon tonight, and more drinks have been sold than usual though there's not more people than usual. Just a simple celebration before Amelia departs with Harry to Paris and Rome, a trip she's been itching for.

Everyone's in attendance for her: all the regulars, Mia, Matthew, Megan and even Ethan. Harry's yet to show because of tour preparation, but Amelia wouldn't care if he showed two minutes before closing as long as he's there.

Amelia says hello to the last table she hadn't gotten to before going to the bar counter, standing next to Megan and putting herself into her friends conversations.

"How are you feeling tonight, Cherry?" Ethan questions once their previous conversation concludes. "Where's the boy? He can't even show for his own girlfriends party?" The alcohol is bringing out a side of him nobody enjoys.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "He had some work before he could come, he'll be here."

"Ethan, shut your trap before I kick you out for your comments." Matthew cut in, knowing Amelia wouldn't really be able to defend herself like she should.

Ethan raised his hands in feigned surrender, "I was just asking a simple question. If Cherry were my girlfriend, I'd be at her party on time. Like I was."

If looks could kill, Ethan would've been dead just from Megan's glare. She knew exactly what he was trying to do, even if he'd convinced Amelia he was okay with just being friends, Megan knew better. She'd known them both since high school and not to be rude but Amelia was a bit of a pushover and Ethan loved to do the pushing. He got what he wanted - always.

Amelia disregarded Ethan's comments, choosing to blame the alcohol instead of him and changing the conversation. Matthew and Mia engaged in conversation with Amelia about her upcoming trip and birthday while Megan's eyes stayed on Ethan, watching as he inched closer and closer to Amelia with each passing second.

Megan wasn't the only one to notice this though, Harry did too as he entered Canyon Moon. The once happy smile that was present on his face twisted into a frown as his eyes fell upon Ethan whose hand was raised, about to go onto the small of Amelia's back. Harry quickly made his way over, wedging himself between Amelia and Ethan before he could lay a hand on her.

He kissed her temple sweetly, "Hello Cherry, you look beautiful." His eyes scanned everyone else, "Nice to see you all as well, gonna miss ya when we leave."

"Hi baby, you look good.." she frowned, "a bit tired though, I thought you'd been sleeping well. Should've woken me if you hadn't.."

"I'm fine, just with the early morning and late nights. I'm okay though, don't worry. Focus on this celebration." Before Amelia could scold him any further, a sweet old woman - a regular came up to Amelia kissing her cheek.

"I must go, sunflower. We'll miss ya while you're gone, drink for me over there." She smiled, before her eyes landed on Harry whose arm was around Amelia's shoulders. "Ah, is this the prince whose whisking you away from us? Haven't formally met him yet."

Amelia chuckled, "Yeah, this is the 'prince'. Harry, meet Phoebe, Phoebe Rose. She's been coming here for a while now, old friend of Mary and Eddie's."

Harry extended his hand to her, "It's nice to meet you, Phoebe. I've seen you around."

"Ah yes," she shook his hand, "I've seen you dancing with my dear Amelia before. You're very handsome, Harry." She nudged Amelia with her shoulder, "Nice choice, sunflower. I'll leave you two be now."

"Bye Pheebs, I'll see you later." Phoebe eyed Ethan harshly, having heard the story of his departure from Amelia from Eddie and Mary before exiting the bar.

"I've always loved Phoebe." Ethan commented, laying a hand on Amelia's arm since Harry moved slightly while speaking to Phoebe. "Don't you remember how much she loved us together?"

Megan rolled her eyes, "Piss off Ethan."

Once again, his hands were raised in mock surrender. "I'm just saying - reminiscing on the past." His eyes turned to Harry, "You don't really know anything about Amelia's past, do you? At least not like I do, right?"

"Ethan, that's enough." Amelia scolded, her hand protectively on Harry's chest as to make sure neither of them move closer to each other.

"No, I don't think it is." Ethan challenges, "I'm just making sure that you're making the right choice, babe. I mean - does Harry even know anything about you? If he can't even come to your party on time because of work, can he even be present in your relationship?"

"I think I'll be present just fine, Ethan." Harry retorted, moving closer to Ethan despite Amelia trying to hold him back. "You're half the man I am in a relationship."

"Don't forget who was with her first. I'll never be forgotten because I was her first everything. You may have helped her through bullshit, but it was only half the shit I had to help her through."

"You seem to be forgotten pretty well when she's with me. Guess that's why she never mentioned you, huh?" Harry laughed bitterly.

Ethan rolled his eyes, "Probably didn't mention me because she didn't want you to know she's still in love with me."

"That's enough!" Amelia interrupted, her booming voice taking them both aback. "Both of you, back room - now!" She turned on her heel, making a beeline straight for the back room.

They both stood there with wide eyes for a moment before Megan cut in, "I think you both better go, you made Amelia angry enough already." Harry meekly nodded, leaving first with Ethan in tow.

Amelia was pacing angrily in the back room when they entered, looking as though she only saw red with how angry she was. Ethan took refuge in a corner, sitting on top of an old stool they had there while Harry made his way to Amelia.

"Its okay, Cherry, calm down. I didn't mean to start something in the middle of your bar, that's our fault." Harry spoke softly, but Ethan didn't say a word to join in to it.

Amelia moved away from Harry, her angry eyes flickering between Ethan and Harry. "You both should be sorry, I'm not just some piece of.. piece of meat that you can decide who gets a bite of today! I am my own damn person, do you boys understand that?"

She didn't even let them respond, "Ethan - get out, get sober, and then come find me to apologize. Harry - do not engage when drunks pull shit like that! I work in a bar, and I can handle it! I will not take it from my boyfriend, and I will not take it from my ex!"

"Ethan, leave. Harry, go out there while I calm down." Amelia rubbed her temples to calm herself while they both exited.

She muttered to herself, "Can I ever catch a damn break?"