(38) the beginning of june

this story has been getting so much love <3 i love every single one of you, kisses. if there's anything you all want to see in this story, leave a comment here or pm me.
all the love in the world, olive.

HARRY EDWARD STYLES

The second Amelia and the other girls left Canyon Moon, I was dialing my mums number in hopes of learning more about Robin's condition. His health was declining - that was blatantly obvious to me, yet I still didn't want to truly believe it. I didn't want him to be sick, I didn't want him to die - though I guess everyone would feel that way about someone they love.

She picked up after three rings, "Harry? You just called last night-"

"Should I have not called?" I worried, "Is something going on that you can't talk? Is Robin okay? Gemma and you okay?"

She chuckled lightly, "Yes, Harry. Everything is just fine. No worries at all - you just don't need to call so much, if something happens I would tell you. You know that, love."

"I know," I rubbed my hands over my face in a bit of frustration, "I know. I just get a bit worried, ya know."

"I understand, I get worried about you too. But, there's no need for you to worry." She sighed, "We both know how this is going to end, he doesn't have much time left. There's nothing we can do."

"There has to be something!" I argued, "Let me do something, I can pay for something, Mum. Just put the doctor on the phone-"

"Harry, no. I wish there could be something to be done, but there can't be. I'm sorry." Her voice is laced in hurt and I can tell I can't argue with her anymore, it's upsetting her too much.

I refuse to believe it, I refuse to believe that I can't do a single thing for him. He may be older, but it's not his time yet - he doesn't deserve to have to go. It's just not fair, it's really not, I don't care how childish that sounds. He's done nothing to go against this world, he's a good man, but they're just getting rid of him? It doesn't make any sense, and I don't want to believe it.

"Is there.. is there anything I can do at all?" I question, "Not just for Robin, but for you and Gemma?"

"First things first," she began, "I do not want you to cancel Amelia's birthday trip that we spoke about, okay?" I hummed in response. "I just want you to move it.. if you can, of course. Robin's expected to, um... go... at the end of June."

"Yes, yes of course I can move it... are you sure you don't want me to cancel? Amelia and I can come down to London instead of the trip, I know she'd be fine with that."

"No. I want you to go on the trip, and enjoy yourselves. Forget about everything that's going on and just have fun, please." There was shuffling on the other end of the line, "Okay, Harry, I've got to go. Gemma and Robin say hello, we love and miss you."

"Tell them I said hello, Amelia does as well. Love and miss you, Mum." She promptly hung up after my words.

I had to stop myself from slamming my phone down after the call, and opted for placing it calmly on the bed next to me instead. I ran my hands through my hair and over my face rapidly - really wishing things could be different right now.

How did Robin end up being the one who has to go through this? How is there nothing the doctors can't do? Isn't that their damn job? I hate to say that my life is terrible, because it's not, but right now - it's not very good. Well, as bad as could really get or has ever gotten, in my opinion.

Maybe that's dramatic and childish, but I don't care right now.

I called Jeffrey to get my mind off things, having him move the trip to the beginning of June instead of the end. I didn't speak very long with him - not really wanting to as much as it'd help me. I checked the schedule for Canyon Moon and saw that Amelia could leave for a week if she wanted to, and I'd hope she wanted to.

Matthew and Mia worked almost every night, and since Mia already lived there - it would be easy for her to begin to work every night. They all enjoyed their job, that was obvious, and they enjoyed Amelia so I'm sure they'd be okay with it.

I took one of the whiteboards that was set out, scribbling across ot 'Guess who's going to Paris and Rome?' Not very original, but the best I could come up with right now. Before they came back, I ran out for some balloons and got some lollipops since they were Amelia's favorite candy.

It was a poor set-up, but in all honesty I knew that Amelia wouldn't care much or really even notice. Just Megan would probably make a comment about it, that's all.

The door opened loudly, and the girls noisily entered. I set down my phone which I had busied myself with and stood up straight, smiling widely.

Mia noticed me first, cocking her head to the side curiously at it. Megan and Amelia were focused on each other, seeming to be too engaged in whatever they were talking about until Mia swatted at them.

"Ouch, the fuck is that for?" Megan cursed while Amelia frowned. Mia nodded her head towards me and I moved to the side, showcasing my poor set-up.

Amelia eyed me curiously before looking at the whiteboard, a wide smile contorting her features. She practically ran towards me, her arms securing around my neck tightly almost knocking the wind out of me.

I laughed, "Do ya like it?"

"Aren't you like a billionaire?" Megan mused before Amelia could respond, "This is a poor presentation for a billionaire."

"He is not a billionaire, Megs, be nice." Amelia scolded lightly before planting a kiss on my lips. "I like it, I really do. Isn't that super expensive though, baby? I don't want you to spend that much on me."

"I'll spend every last dime on you."