(49) time's changed us

NO PERSPECTIVE

When you truly love someone, they never really leave your mind. As much as you try, but especially with the media attention Amelia and Harry, otherwise known as 'Hamelia', had gotten - there was no way of forgetting that person you love.

Amelia had to endure always seeing Harry's face everywhere, sometimes running into paparazzi, and dealing with the fans that still entered Canyon Moon. It got real bad when the first single for Harry's sophomore album came out.

Amelia set up a aux cord and speaker in the dance space when the bar got more attention, which also meant having to hear more of Harry's songs. And when a girl with an adapter and an iPhone fit with Apple Music decided to play October 11th of 2019, over a year since the last time Harry had contacted Amelia, she broke down in tears.

The fans immediately knew there was some connection between the songs. Videos went viral of Amelia falling to her knees, heartbreaking sobs escaping her lips until Matthew scooped her up and took her into the back room.

Harry saw the video and didn't even want to imagine what the whole album would do to her, but it was too late. He couldn't write a whole new album that he would want to release in the span of time he had. What had he done? Even his old bandmates reached out to him, wondering what the hell he had done to make Amelia upset. Eleanor even went as far as taking Amelia out for some lunch, trying to cheer her up.

After Amelia had a good cry, she just turned confused. How could he not reach out to her in any way, but release songs that related to the things he had told her and to their relationship? Megan blocked him the second she heard 'Lights Up' and saw how it affected Amelia.

December 6th wasn't any better; the release day for his second single 'Adore You'. Amelia remembered the time she said the exact same words to him, 'I adore you'. She remembered when he told her she was a rainbow paradise, even mentioning her strawberry lipstick and how they were together without needing to tell each 'I love you' or having to remind the other that they were theirs.

And still no contact from Harry to Amelia. Or Amelia to Harry.

That is until December 13th. The release date of the album entirely which Amelia even preordered just so she could hear it all the minute the clock struck 12. And hearing it at midnight was exactly what she did.

She wished she could've hated the album, but she didn't. It was a damn good album, but it was so personal that it almost felt as though he was sharing everything.

There was one song in particular that made her especially angry. She.

It was about Dave; the one who fucking sexually assaulted her, and he writes a song about him? A song that includes details about him? That's what made Amelia get the location for Harry's whereabouts - the Forum, from Mitch and driving there almost immediately.

And that's how she ended up sitting on a couch, crying, in Harry Styles dressing room as he stared back at her with concern.

"I'm sorry."

Amelia scoffed, now standing up as everyone else left the room besides for the two them. "That's all you have to say? I give you time, then you call me drunk once to never speak to me again. What the fuck, Harry? Then, I have to hear your new album that's all about us and me with still no contact from you?"

"I'm sorry."

She gestured to his outfit, "I bought you that shirt. And that necklace. And I described almost that exact outfit you're wearing on the Fine Line cover."

"I know."

"Harry, if all I'm going to hear from you is two words at a time, I'm going to just leave!" Amelia ran her hands through her curls in aggravation, slamming her hands around afterwards out of pure anger for the situation.

"I don't know what to say." Harry took a seat on the couch, obviously having not been expecting her presence right now. "I haven't known what to say to you for a long time now. This album.. it's personal, I know it is, but I wanted to release it into the world."

"Everyone knows it's about me, Harry. Don't you think that you should've warned me or something at least? You even use my voice in it.. and you sing about Dave.. are you serious?"

"I know.. 'She' wasn't the best idea, but the song was too good to let go of. And 'Cherry' is just as perfect, your voice at the end just makes it even better.. even with the terrible French." He chuckles lightly at the memory of the last time he'd mocked her for her French.

Amelia took a seat next to him, "I don't even know why I'm here."

"Well, you look good." Harry turned towards her, taking in her appearance with no shame even as she was faced away from him.

"Megs told me I couldn't see you unless I looked good. Decided I didn't have the energy to go against her today." Amelia muttered in reply.

"I'm sorry to be the one that made you lose all your energy." Harry admitted, "You're different now."

"So are you. What's this facial hair you've got going on?" Her blue eyes met his green ones. "First time I've even seen it - didn't think you could grow any if I'm being honest."

Harry scrunched his nose, "Well, that's just rude."

Amelia chuckled lightly, "M'sorry. Just being honest, something Megan's taught me to be recently. Seems like we've both changed a lot, Harry. Maybe the time apart was a thing we both needed."

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do." Amelia sighed, "But, what are we supposed to be now? You haven't spoken to me in over a year, yet you text Megan everyday asking for a picture of me. I'm not with her everyday by the way, do you know how many selfies I've had to send her? All because I like the fact you want to see me, I just wish you would've grown the balls to speak to me yourself.

"I wish I could've too." Harry admits, "As I sang, I'm an arrogant son of a bitch. And I couldn't tell you I was sorry then.. I couldn't tell you till now."

"Why's that?"

"Because you're you, Cherry. You're perfect - the sunflower in my life, a completely golden girl, and the sunshine in the world. I mean, everyone loves you, how could I compete with that? How could I be the perfect person for someone that was already perfect themselves? I needed to figure myself out before I could offer myself to you."

Amelia took Harry's hand into her own, "But, you did offer yourself to me, Harry. As you sang, I spread you open and I got to know you completely. You did the same to me and that's how we fell in love, baby. There was no reason for you to be so scared, but I'm not angry with you anymore."

"I'm just happy you didn't forget me entirely. I was convinced you would."

"I could never do that, you know that." Amelia sighed, "What are we now, Harry?"

"We're a fine line."

————————

SHOULD THIS BE THE END ??

i'm so indecisive pls help me

all the love in the world
olive