Chapter Nine

Quick A/N: I apologize if my verbiage or grammar or whatever isn't correct in this one, I'm feeling a little sick because I'm out of my heart meds and I'll admit it's making me a little out of it with even regular text.  Anyways, stay golden.   Quill out.

______________

"What is it Data?" You ask as he approaches. 

"May I talk to you alone (y/n)?" He asks calmly.

"Yes, of course. My cabin is nearby, let's go there..." You turn to Bones who is smirking. 
You roll your eyes. "Catch you later old man." You would trust him with any information, with your life even, but you knew most people didn't know Bones as well as you did. 

He just makes a growling noise as he shakes his head and begins walking the other way. 

You and Data begin in the direction of your cabin.

"I have noticed that you often attempt to insult Admiral McCoy, does he offend you ?" 

You chuckle softly, "It's all in jest. When we first met, I think it was more our irritation of one another but after a while, now, it's all just for fun." You say amused.  

Data cocked his head slightly to the side. You smiled at how adorable it was. 

You reached your quarters and both entered.

"So, what did you wish to tell me?" You said slightly worried he had requested it be in private. "Did something weird happen down on the planet?" 

"We have located my brother," Data said a bit enthusiastically. 

You didn't miss a beat, "There's another one of you?" 

"Yes." Data said

"Well, where is he?" You pressed.

"This is why I came for your assistance. My brother is currently being assembled, but this process can not be finished without me alerting the staff, of my...." He trailed off.

Now it was your turn to cock your head, "...your what, Data?" 

He took a step closer to you, "Here, press your finger on my side."

You hesitantly placed your hand on his side, "Hm?" 

"Here." He gently placed his hand atop of yours and guided it to his back, you noticed your breath catch slightly. "Press there." He said.

You did as you were told and gently felt a switch under his uniform. "A button?" You asked.

"It operates as an off-switch." Data said.

You ran your fingers absent-mindedly up his back as you thought about the fact he even had an off switch. "I understand why you would be hesitant to tell anyone about this..." You said. "I know if I had an off-switch people would probably always be trying to turn me off" You laughed lightly. 

"I do not understand why anybody would wish to turn you off? I find you to be a person of mostly good characteristics and pleasant company."  

"Thank you," You said through a blush.

"I speak the truth, but I believe you took it as a compliment and that is why you are thanking me?" Data asked

You nodded yes.

He smiled. "Then you are welcome. Do you think it is safe for me to raise attention to this switch?" 

"Can you be 'turned back on' after the switch is pressed? Or do you sorta...die?" You asked.