Chapter Eighteen

A/N: I noticed that Chapter Eleven (the alien one) has twice as many views as all of the other chapters, do ya'll just like that one so you keep re-reading it or something? 😂 Btw, this is second to the last chapter! 

__

A day had passed since Lore had been beamed off to only God knows where. In the time since then, you had gotten much needed medical attention and rest, as well as told the crew about your going back in time and finding out you would no longer be able to return home ever again. You had been dismissed from the meeting before anyone else, with no new knowledge of where the future would take you. You hoped with every ounce of you that you would be able to stay on the Enterprise, but only time would tell...

It was currently dinner time and you were walking with Bones to Ten Forward.

"So, you do remember me appearing randomly for a day?" You asked him.

He grabbed your hand and gave it a squeeze, you thought he would drop it but instead, you continued walking hand in hand. "Of course I remember darlin'. How could I forget something like that?" 

You grinned. "And it wasn't too bad after I left? I mean, I've only been here a day, I don't know if I'll regret not staying where I belong or not yet."

"Where you belong is here. We somehow managed without ya'" He gave you a wink. "Well...except that Chekov, he missed ya most of all I think."

You rolled your eyes, "You and I both know I have never even met Chekov."

Bones just laughed. 

You walked into Ten Forward and saw a table with Data, Wesley, and Dr. Crusher sitting around it. You both sat down with them.

"Lieutenant (y/l/n), I am more than pleased to see you joining us." Data said.

"Data...Please never call me 'Lieutenant (y/l/n)' ever again, or only if really necessary. Call me..."

Data nodded his head, already knowing fully well you were going to tell him to be less formal with you, "Yes, my dear." He said earning a happy nod from you, "Much better." You said. 

"(Y/n), I never got to thank you for shielding my son." Beverly said with a grateful smile. "Say 'thank you', Wes" She whispered to him. He looked beyond embarrassed. 

"Anytime." You said laughing, "But, uh, maybe we should hold off on getting ourselves in another dangerous situation like that for...a week or so. Don't you think partner?" You said dramatically pushing your hand towards Wesley like a buisness deal. He smiled and shook it.

"Would it not be optimal to avoid dangerous situations for periods longer than just a week?" Data asked tilting his head. 

"Nahhh. I live for danger. It turns me on." You said with a joking laugh.

"Turns who on?" The familair voice said from above once again. You turned to see Riker mounting a chair next to you.

"Perfect timing." You rolled your eyes and looked away.

"(Y/n)..." He said somewhat softly. "I feel I should apologize to both you and Wesley, I should have listened to the both of you...And also, I don't think you're just a visitor. You belong with us now." 

You turned to face him, and scowled at his face. It somehow radiated an attribute which you never thought to connect with Riker, innocence.

"I fully understand if you don't feel like forgi-"

"Shut up." You laughed as you pulled his side into you in an awkward side hug. You quickly released him, knowing full well that too much contact with Riker could easily hypnotize ladies into his trap. "Of course I forgive you."