Chapter Seventeen

You opened your eyes to see you were back in a corridor on the Enterprise D, despite laying on the floor where you had originally tripped, you couldn't help but allow the huge grin to cover your face.

"Are you alright!?" Wesley asked as he gave you his hand, he looked stunned.

"Yes...I'm more than alright." You stood to your feet, still feeling a bit dreamy about finally getting closure.

"Are you sure? What happened? For a second it looked like you vanished." Wesley said.

You shook your head, finally feeling like part of reality again. You were happy to see you were in the exact same time you had left, give or take a second or two. "Nevermind that! We have to go save Data!" You called as you picked up a quick sprint again. Wesely trailing closely behind. 

You got to the door Data was behind but noticed Dr.Crusher quickly approaching. "Wesley! What are you doing?" 

"Data..." You interrupted, slightly out of breath.

"Data?" Dr. Crusher asked. 

"You've got to help us mom!" Wesley quickly explained.

"I'll look." Dr. Crusher said annoyed as the three of you entered the room. "...But I shouldn't have let you talk me into this."

You instantly dropped to your knees at the sight of Data and moved his head into your lap, "Data, can you hear me?" You asked him softly. There was no response. 

"Mom, it's Data!" Wesely said as he kneeled down for a closer look too. "He's been hurt."

Dr. Crusher also kneeled down.

"It's Data, mom..." He pleaded, "I heard you know how to turn them on." 

"This is very serious." Dr. Crusher said.

Wesley was now getting irritated, "So, just tell me to 'shut up, Wesely' and I will." 

"You're being very unfair Wes" She shook her head. 

You rolled your eyes slightly at their bad timing to argue, just holding Data's head in your lap you knew without the tiniest hint of hesitation that this really was Data. Your Data. You crawled around to his side and pressed your lips gently to his as you discreetly ran your finger down his side and to his on-button. Without anyone noticing it as they were distracted by the kiss, you pressed the button. 

Without a second hesitation Data sat up, his eyes opened with a shocked alertness. You smiled and gently lay your hand on his cheek, kissing his forehead before looking back at his face. "Are you okay?"

His eyes scanned your face, "Yes, I am okay. Because of you." 

"Data, the crystal thing is outside. Somewhere close to the ship." Wesley interrupted. "And Lore is loose on the inside." 

You could clearly see the pure worry that flashed across Data's features. Reminding you once again that you weren't so sure he was totally emotionless. You rested your hand on his chest.

"How badly are you hurt, Data?" Dr. Crusher asked. 

"I will function sufficiently to stop Lore, Doctor." He said, almost not sounding certain of himself.

You reached up and closed the little panel that had opened on his head, which had revealed a green light and some circuits. You stood to your feet and offered your hand to help him stand, he took it and smiled. 

He began leaving the room, you closely trailed behind along with Wesley and Dr. Crusher, following Data to wherever he went. You gently slipped your hand into his, he held it but gave you a curious look.