Luke x Darryl

Luke's POV

I took the razor in my hand for the third time this week after my grandmothers death, she was the only person the understood me, understood that I wasn't always alright even if I said I was.

She died of a heart attack and it took a toll on all of us, my father if you can even call him that he got a little more physical after her death because of his stress, my mom was often drunk and off with younger men, she never hurt me at all but she never tried to help get me out my fathers abuse.

School wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either, I am usually ignored and I am thankful for it. I also have a boyfriend at school named Darryl he is the best boyfriend I could ever ask for, he doesn't know about the abuse, my grandmother, or my cutting but he is catching on quicker then I would want him to be. 

Last week he tried to hold my hand and I pulled away scared that he might feel the scars on my wrist, he thought it was his fault and apologized the whole day, I tried tell Darryl all day that it wasn't his fault but he wouldn't believe me.

Don't get me wrong I want to tell him but I am scared of what he might do to my dad, Darryl is a muscular man that could break me into two, but he is big marshmallow on the inside, he actually asked me out first and I said yes completely because I was scared of him, I am only 5'5 and he is almost 6'3.

But I fell for him more and more, he bought me flowers and stuffed animals (I sleep with stuff animals!) 

I wiped off the blood from my wrist and washed it off, I started to walk to school, I think I am going to tell him today about everything today he has been an amazing boyfriend and I should tell him so he doesn't think I am trying to kick him out.

I walk into school and go strait to my locker when I felt two arms around my waist I immediately knew who it was I turned around slowly to see my beautiful boyfriend staring back at me I peck his lips and then smile.

"How are you doing Pumpkin?" He said, I can't believe he has kept that nickname for so long I showed him a Halloween picture of me when I was younger and guess what i was... yup a pumpkin I guess it kind of stuck(Oh if you didn't know we have been dating for nine months!!)

"I'm fine my head kind of hurts" He kisses my head.

"There is that better?"

"Much better." I smile at him,  know what you are thinking 'Ew that so cringy and shit' but do I even care, no, I do not.

I hold on to his hand and I drag him into the empty art room.

"I have to tell you something. And I don't want you to freak out or kill anyone, okay?"

"Um... okay" He looked skeptical. I pulled up my arm sleeve and showed him the scars on my wrist, he took my wrist in his hands and brought it closer to his lips and kissed my wrist,

"I'm sorry I kept this from you I wasn't ready to tell you yet and with my grandmothers death and my father and my mother.... I just didn't want you think I was fucked up... i'm sorry" I said in a whisper I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks, I wiped my tears and looked up at Darryl, he walked closer to me and hugged me.

"I know." Is all he said I pushed away from him and looked up at him his eyes were glossy like he was about to cry.

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"The cuts, I have seen them a lot of times, and your father I know he abuses you, I knew you don't want me to do anything to him, I want to ask you something have I ever hugged you tightly?" I think about his question and to my surprise he hasn't.

"No."

"I don't hug you tightly or even hold you tightly I know you have scars and bruises i want to help you but I knew I had to wait till you told me yourself, I know abut your mother being drunk all the time and I know about your grandmothers death, you go and see her grave everyday after school." I walked up to him and hug him tightly.

"Can you help me please?" I ask my voice was full of cracks and sadness. He picked me up and carried me outside.

"I will never let anyone hurt you again."