Chap.18

"wakey wakey."

Aria's eyes shot opened hearing upon daeun's voice, the morning light trickled in through the blinds send her back up straight, giving out a big yawn.

"good morning, feeling better today?" Daeun said, looking over from the mirror with a smile as she was putting on hairclips.

"yea, much better now." Aria replied hoarsely. She dragged her feet off the bed and drank a glass of water before giving daeun a big hug from behind. "you had fall asleep when i woke up last night, why didn't you wake me up earlier? Aren't you bored?"

"of course i was." Daeun said, glaring at aria while pouting but then chuckled as she patted aria's arms that was wrapping around her waist. "just don't fall sick again if you really feel sorry for me."

Nodding, aria placed her head on top of daeun's shoulder and whispered an apology.

"it's okay, honey. Right, where did you go last night? You weren't on your bed when i woke up around midnight." Daeun was struck by her sudden thought.

"oh-" Aria hesitated, she opened her mouth but closing it again, pulling away from daeun. "i went for a walk by the beach."

"it's scary as heck to go near the beach at night time and let alone midnight?" Daeun was questioning her bestfriend's sanity, filled with disbelief. It only stayed for a few seconds before her face struck with the slightest realisation as she slowly crossed her arms. "you were with someone right?"

Aria blinked, tilting her head thinking that how did daeun came up with that before slowly nodding her head. "i didn't plan on going to the beach, i was just thirsty and bumped into jimin at the lobby. We went there together, so yea, i was with him."

Uncrossing her arms, daeun drew closer to aria and looked into her eyes as if to detect some lies.

Defensively, aria held up her hands. "i swear, no lies."

Nodding, daeun grinned. "i know, i was just trying to see if there's any sparks in your eyes when talk about him."

"see anything?"

"sadly no but i'm seeing the possibility between you and him."

Rolling her eyes, aria gently pushed her away. "it's all your hallucination. Say no more, we are going to get breakfast right?"

Daeun hummed in reply, chuckling and went back to put on more hairclips. Right when aria stepping into the shower, daeun's face lightened up with a string of confusion. She forgot about what she wanted to tell aria just now, it felt important but she just couldn't recall it.

"someone is staring at you." Daeun teased, giving aria's arm a nudge.

Aria looked over to the direction that daeun showed with her eyes and met with jimin's gaze. They both smiled at the same time before aria turned back and nudged on daeun's arm as well. "just eat your foods."

"are you on a diet?" Aria questioned as they sat down on a table, noticing the less amount of foods on daeun's plate. It was half of the amount that she usually ate.

Daeun sighed, nodding sadly.

"why? You don't need to, you know?" Aria was concerned, daeun never went on a diet before, she didn't even needed to.

Daeun's mouth set in a hard line, rested her chin on her palms, looking down to her mostly green foods. "my trainer called me this morning. She saw my recent post and think that i should lose some weights."