Chap.19

"tae? I'm back." Aria began but taehyung sat still, didn't react to her at all. Worried, she walked small steps towards him and her heart was pounding out of her chest with every steps that she made. "are you alright, tae?"

Even with her standing beside him, he still didn't give her any response and right in that moment, aria finally accepted that taehyung wasn't in a fine state. He was staring ahead but his eyes were sad, his whole face reflected sad.

"tae?" It came out weak as she sat herself down next to taehyung. She didn't know what was wrong and started to blame herself, if only she picked up the phone, there wouldn't be a wrong to begin with. Taehyung was hurting and her heart ached so much for that, especially from the knowing that she wasn't there liked she promised to be. "tae, look at me, please." She brought her shaky hands to cup his face and the moment she touched his skin, it just felt so cold, so different. Then she started to notice his swollen eyes then the bruises on the corner of his eyes, cheeks and lips. Tears uncontrollably flowed down her face, she completely broke down on the realisation that she was wrong. She was so wrong to forget that taehyung wasn't the one that needed to be trust when he was never the problem of anything. It was them, that man and jennie that she should never trust to leave taehyung with. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry."

She pulled taehyung into an embrace, stroking his hair, kept mumbling apologetic words. Moment by moment, an arm finally wrapped around her.

"h-he raped me

"h-he raped me." He started to sob unceasingly. He couldn't perceive what had been as it only came trumbling down to become an explicit realism.

The truth had aria tightened up her hold on taehyung's shirt, it throbbed and tortured her through every part of her emotions as it fall the hardest and the most painful than any thoughts that she could ever bear with. She couldn't bear with this one, she couldn't accept the cruelty of that man.

Holding onto that thought, aria rose up and charged into jennie's room, anger stirred within her. "why did you let it happened?" Jennie just laid there still, back facing her. "where were you? Why did you let it happened? Answer me!" Aria yelled as rage pulsed through her veins. She could care less about the woman infront of her was her mother.

Jennie curled up, wasn't actually reacted to aria's yell but the questions from her with the answer that jennie didn't have the courage to say it out as it shot through her twice.

Her fears towards that man had won over her loves towards her kids. She heard his yell echoed through the entire house liked a clap of thunder, such was his rage but she didn't know what angered him, too scared to even think, then she heard of the yells that made her shuddered and covered her ears. It was because she knew she wouldn't dare to do anything, even when taehyung's yell of help still reverberated clearly in her ears.

"you were here, you heard it, you knew and you could have prevent it but you didn't, you just let him ruin taehyung." Aria could no longer hold the heartbreak and her body wracked with an onslaught of sobs and tears.

A great cry escaped jennie as well, and she covered her face with shaky hands. She wanted to say something, but she didn't even knew where to start from, she had let them down too many times and even she, herself couldn't forgive herself then what could she expected from them? Exactly nothing.

"you are the one that wants me to take care of him, to protect him then why aren't you doing it?" Aria's hands squeezed into fists, tears flowing down unstoppable, dissapointed to the bottom of her heart. "do you know how terrible you are, of a mother? You give up on us and you don't have any good reason for that but taehyung still choose to understand you. But what about you? You didn't even try to help him, how hurtful is that to him? Do you ever think about it? Do you even care?"

Aria gave jennie a long moment, she wanted atleast a response from her mother to not despise her that much, atleast something to defend herself, atleast something to show that she didn't completely gave them up.

And yet, all she got was a guilty silence.

"you don't." Aria's dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears, shoulders trembling hard as she swallowed down her frustration. "and i hate you for that. Hears me now, i hate you so much that i wish to never see you again."

As much as she held it in, her tears still strained her face as she turned away and walked out the room.

Pained, hurt liked a bullet shot through jennie's heart after hearing those words came out from her loved one. As she was crying in abject misery, she suffered from the pain that was thousand times painful than the physical pain she got from that man.

Aria screamed as she closed the door of taehyung and her room. Everything just crumbled when it began to feel alright for her and if it wasn't too late, she would rather have nothing. It just hurt so bad, a lingering pain to think about how much had taehyung went through and that he wouldn't have to if she never left and jennie was never this weak, it made aria to run towards him and embraced him more. He was trembling, crying and it all screamed in great pains

"i'm sorry, tae." She didn't know what else to say and to feel about other than sorry. "i won't let anyone hurt you anymore, no more." Aria muttered, mostly to herself to mark it clear and she wanted was to make sure that taehyung would be alright, started from this moment.

And that, should remain as a painful past that would be forgotten. And in order for that to happen, she wouldn't made him to think about that anymore. She didn't need to know why, she didn't need to know when, she didn't need to know how and she didn't need to know anything about that. That was just a past.

Aria was staring at her phone, the dialing pads were just there and it needed one more number to conclude her decision. However, she couldn't help but to think about the fact that it obviously wouldn't work in the way that they both wanted.

It was twisted to the point where they might be crushed for expecting the justice that actually equaled to the sacrifice that taehyung had to make for making it an announcement to the world.

She let out a shaky breath as she turned off her phone. It was very frustrating, she couldn't stop herself from getting too close with the verge of crying. She didn't know how to help taehyung because she knew no one would want to help them in this self centered and highly materialistic society, once the hush money was offered by that man.

Then she asked, why so unfair? It left her incapable of everything. She gazed to her left, taehyung was asleep with earphones plugged in his ears, finding his own serenity and solace from aria's MP3 player.

But aria couldn't find hers, she used to find them in taehyung but now, all she could found was her own guilts

-

two months of wait, i'm terribly sorry for that>< i was too caught up with my works but i promise, i'll try to update more:)♡