Chap 3: Wedding Bells

Abigail's (Y/n) POV:
What...

What is happening?!

My breathing quickened as I was forced to look up at Prince Todoroki who glared at me as if I was the scum of the earth.

Which I was

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered and put my hands on his chest in a poor attempt to push him away.

But failure is my gal pal nowadays.

Pulling me even more closer, he grunted, "I don't know what plan you have up your sleeve Lancaster but I swear I won't be quiet about it now."

I wish I could pay attention to what you were saying

But you're like ...very close.

"Wh-what does that supposed to mean? I don't have any plan-EEK!" A little shrill squeak came out as I felt something burn me.

My eyes darted to his left hand that was scorching my arm, leaving bristles along and changing its colour to a sickly red.

It burned...

I felt his grip tighten and I felt the blood dripping down, combined with the heat, it felt like lava sizzling down my arm.

"Todoroki... stop. You're not being yourself." I looked up at him, trying my best to stop myself from crying and screaming from the pain while I tried to yank my arm free but his grip was iron and yanking it made it hurt more.

He scoffed, not even realising what he was doing, "Oh now you suddenly know me? That's so rich coming from you. You have any idea how stupid I'll be to believe you?" The black demonic covering was forming on his left side, taking over as he was raging.

Why would he listen to my reason? I'm literally his second source of pain and suffering.

Sucking in a breath, I freed my arm away from him, leaving huge traces of his finger as I grasped his face with both my hands and shook him, "You're really gonna let it take over just because someone as pathetic as me made you?!"

His eyes dilated and the demonic covering faded away to his own skin colour as he stared at me. My one scorched hand, rough on his delicate skin.

My breathing got more heavy, "I thought you would never be a monster like me, why would u fulfil my wishes?!"

Reasoning

This was the reasoning that could get through to him...and confuse him. No matter what else I would have said to him, no matter what heartfelt hero speech I could have given to him, it wouldn't reach him.

Because it was from the mouth of a villain

Who ruined his life.

So I had to use myself...as the worst example in order for him to stop. I didn't want him to be the monster Abigail thinks of him.

That would be falling into her trap.

His eyes darted to hand with shock at how burnt it was as he stepped back and processed what happened while I hugged my arm with tears streaming down my face.

"I thought..." I choked out, "You'd never...I'm so sorry.." Sorry didn't cut it, I knew that. The pain and anguish Abigail caused Todoroki demanded alot more than just a sorry.

And from a manipulative mouth such as hers, who's to say that he's gonna believe it? If anything,

He'd think it's a trap.