Chap 5: Dead to Them

Abigail's (Y/n) POV:

"AHHHHHHHHHHH OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOF!"

I have been rolling down for God knows how long. There is no concept of time in this long staircase.

THUD!

Finally! I quickly got up and stumbled, using the castle wall as a support and tried to properly open my eyes. My vision was still blurry and my focus was off.

"I really ..don't know what to feel for my butler." I dusted my clothes and found scratches and bruises on my arms. It's a good thing they don't hurt that bad.

I checked and saw that my bandage for my left arm was ripped but it wasn't hurting at the moment.

Thank god I protected my head before—OW

oh

Oh I had a head injury. Oh would you look at that, I'm bleeding. I sighed and grabbed my bag. My eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw that there was only one path to follow. It seemed like a tunnel honestly.

Seeing a door at the end, I rushed towards and went out.

Taking in my surroundings, lush greenery
dimmed due to the night, only patches of moonlight illuminating it like a dalmatian.

Taking a chance on my luck, I moved past the bushes and shrubs, making sure not to make too much noise. It didn't take long for me to meet a road that led to town. Looking back I met the gruesome palace that confined Abigail.

Not me though, I'm out of here.

I sprinted down the road and pulled my hood up with a grin. The plan was in full session now.

Run away

Make a new identity

Make a new life

Be happy???

Still not sure about the last part, also get a job too. I wonder if my real world skill apply here. Smiling at my thoughts, I saw a carriage moving at a steady speed.

Seeing my chance, I increased my speed and let the adrenaline rush through me. Grabbing hold of the carriage, I pulled myself up onto the roof of the carriage.

Even though my bruises were burning and my head was bleeding, the great feeling of euphoria of getting out of this hell was finally here for me. Pain meant nothing! If I could get freedom.

Raking my fingers through my hair, I sighed.

Finally

A sigh of relief.

Maybe...

Maybe this could be my happy ending?

Todoroki's POV:

This must be my ending for sure.

I grumbled and stared at Midoriya counting the money, "Is this really necessary?" I understand the reason to have a map, weapons and going on missions which will lead closer to our goal but I can't help but...

Feel impatient.

Midoriya tsked, "There's no forest without a leaf Todoroki San."

"I'm not sure if that is a proverb."

"But the point is! We have to start somewhere if we want to get one step closer in defeating the League of Villains." He eyed me and smiled. Going back to marking down places where we needed to go, I groaned and pulled my hoodie closer.