Chap 11: The Truth

Hi

Y/n's POV:

Oh shit

Oh shit

Todoroki held me tightly not letting me go while my eyes were shut. Even though they were closed, I could feel his intense stare and it was nerve wracking.

"Um...I don't know what you're talking—"

"Choose your words wisely Y/n. The punishment gets stronger as time goes..." There was a hint of threat to his tone as he let the last sentence wander off.

GULP

"Open your eyes....I've seen them already."

"No..no something happened to them." I mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes as I saw him invading my privacy.

He was too close

I mean normally I would say I wouldn't mind but experiencing it live...it's a little uncomfortable..

Like where am I supposed to look at? His eyes?

His thumb touched the right side of my face, tilting it up, "It's...E/c now..

You're not Abigail are you?"

He let me go and I stumbled back, his sword immediately found its way under my chin as he glared at me.

"Who are you and where is Abigail?? Are you a spy sent by her? An Imposter? Answer me." His tone was strict and cold although he was hesitating, I could feel the sword trembling.

How am I supposed to explain all of THIS

I can't lie my way out of this, it'll make him more suspicious.

Guess it's time to tell him the truth...

Or some of it atleast.

I took a breath of air and gave him eye contact, "I don't know where the real Abigail is. All I know is that I woke up one morning, in her body."

The engines were working in his head to make sense out of what I just said, "When...when did this happen?"

I took a step back from the sword, "Right before the wedding. On the day...you know... You accidentally...burnt me?" I hugged my right arm and thanked the punishment mark didn't go all berserk on me.

"Then...you're not Abigail. Ever since that day...you were Y/n?" He tilted his head confused but I knew it made sense to him.

I nodded, "Yeah"

"Why didn't you tell me before? You've been silently taking in Abigail's punishments?!" He was angry which...was rare. I mean I was angry too, but I sort of accepted this fate.

I gave him a blunt look, "Tell me truthfully...would you have really believed Abigail if she told you that she was someone else in her body?"

"I mean it would—"

"It would seem as if she's trying to run away from her punishments and trying to trick to earn your trust right?" He didn't say anything but he looked away in anger.

I knew I was right.

"Yeah, people would think I was crazy, you'd think I was lying. So do you really expect me to tell everyone who I really am?" I lifted the punishment mark to his face, "I'm pretty sure if it weren't for this, you still wouldn't believe me."

He put his sword back and took my hand, making his way to the campsite. I stumbled as the rocks and the twigs slightly bruised my bare feet, "W-wait Todoroki.. wait your highness.. I DON'T HAVE MY SHOES DUDE CAN YOU WAIT?!" I screeched snapping him out of his trance, making him turn around and look at my feet.