The One, You Left Alone

"It's a boy." The doctor announced and I forgot all the pain and struggle of 3 long hours in labour room, the minute I held you in my arms.

You were my lifeline, the only cause of my life after your father martyred in the war, when I was pregnant. The minute I saw you hold my finger with your whole hand, I felt like I have someone in this world, whom I can call my own, You are the one because of whom I had been living my life happily forgetting all the sorrows.

I still remember the day when you came home crying, saying that all your friends comes to school on cycle and you don't have one. From that day I started working in order to fulfil your dreams and wishes. The day I brought you a cycle, that sparkling eyes and cheerful face of yours made me decide that no matter what I will work hard for you.

"Shardha, why are you working even after the completion of the work hours, don't stress yourself, you are not young anymore, It will affect your health. I will suggest you to stay at home taking leave, last week also you fainted due to fatigue." My colleague and well wisher Parvati said concerned.

"Just six months Parvati, my son will be graduating. If he settles in any good job earning decently for his needs. I can live somehow or other. All my concern is only for him. The due date for his college fee is near, I have to work hard to pay for it."

"I can understand you, but please take care of yourself also. " She said and went.

After working hard to earn the money for your college fee, I came home only to be greeted by your lifeless body and a letter reading,

"Mom, I loved her but she broke my heart deciding to marry someone who is better than me. I can't imagine a life without her, I am giving up my life."

"Didn't you think about me even for a second before giving away your life, your mom, who kept her life at stake to give birth to you, the one who is ready to fight with the whole world for one smile of yours. I thought you will fill my life with happiness but you made it full of sorrow and disappointment."

The girl, for whom you gave away your life, she is happily married living her own life. But what about me, now I am just a body with out life because you were my life. I loved you more than anything in the world but you underrated my love.

Now all I have is this Sorrow and Disappointment you left me.