The Fountain Pen

"Hey Almighty, please bless your little girl. Today I am going to attend my entrance exams. You know right from childhood my dream is to join in a Business school so that I can become a successful business woman. So please help me to pass this exam. " Life should get on the track with one exam." Gauri prayed.

"Gauri come fast child, we are getting late for your exam. " Mr. Sharma, Gauri's father shouted from his car.

"Two minutes Papa... " Gauri shouted running towards the entrance grabbing her hall ticket from the table.

"Gauri, wait have this Curd and sugar for good luck. " Gauri's mom came running from kitchen with a bowl of curd and sugar to feed to Gauri.

"Let's go,Papa. " Gauri sat in the car after waving good bye to her mom.

Gauri entered the exam Hall and sat on her alloted seat.

The examiner gave question paper and answer sheets to everyone. And everyone started writing the exam.

"Oh Gosh... What's happening? Why this pen isn't working." Gauri said shaking the pen. "Now what to do? I didn't even brought a spare pen with me as this is my lucky pen since my tenth board exams and now this pen left my side. "

"Hurry up guys one hour more to complete the exam. " Invigilator announced.

"Please... Please... Start writing dearie pen...Oh God, what do I do now? Now it's only one hour more to finish the exam and everyone is busy writing their exam I can't disturb them asking for a pen and moreover I don't know anyone here." Gauri said to herself shaking the pen vigorously.

Sitting diagonally two seats away from her bench, a long haired guy was watching her cute self talk. Even though he don't know anything about her, the minute she entered the exam Hall clutching the hall ticket close to her chest, he was instantly attracted by the innocent beauty.

Gauri was on the verge of tears when a pen was passed to her. She looked on her left and saw Omkara smiling. She smiled at him gratefully and mouthed as thank you. Omkara nodded smiling warmly and signed her to write.

Soon Gauri began writing her exam frantically.

Omkara chuckled seeing her writing exams so frantically that he doubted that she will tear the answer sheet. He shook his head and continued writing his own exam.

Soon Omkara finished writing his exam and was sitting on his bench watching Gauri, supporting his chin with his hand resting his elbow on the bench.

Later the invigilator announced to submit the papers as the exam time is over.

Omkara gave his paper and was waiting for Gauri outside the exam Hall.

"Thank God finally,I finished my exam successfully, I was afraid I won't be able to write the exam but that guy helped me, If not for that guy, I would have been damned, he helped like a pariah. I have to thank him." Gauri thought walking out of the exam Hall to find Om and thank him.

Gauri came out of the exam Hall and Om was waiting for her.

But before he can see her someone tapped his shoulder and when he turned back he was pulled into a group hug by his friends who came to attend the exam.

Gauri came out and searched for Omkara but didn't find him.

"Where has this guy disappeared?" Gauri thought and began searching for him. "What all these guys are doing forming a group? Leave it, first I have to find that guy and thank him, if not for him I wouldn't have written this exam. " Gauri spoke to herself and went forward to search for Omkara.

"Ok guys now leave me, I am getting suffocated by this group hug." Om said breaking the group hug to breathe.

"What yaar Om, finally the exam is over and we have to celebrate it." Omkara's friend Rajveer said.

"Okay guys we can celebrate but for know I got some work. " Omkara said and turned around to see in the exam Hall for Gauri.

But found the exam Hall is empty except for the examiner who was arranging the papers according to serial number.

"O shit, guys I have to go. I will meet you later. " Omkara said and ran to search Gauri.

"He's not here too, where did he go? Gauri thought searching Omkara.

" Gauri... I am here, where are you going on that side? " Gauri's father called her.

"Papa." Gauri said and went to her father.

"How did you wrote your exam,child?" Mr. Sharma asked.

"I wrote very well Papa, you know my pen stopped writing in the middle of the exam and A guy helped me by giving me his pen. I am searching for that guy to say thanks and return his pen. " Gauri said.

"Seems like a good hearted guy. But everyone already left beta, may be he too had left the exam Hall. Nevertheless we will search for him. " Gauri's father said.

Both Gauri and her father searched for Omkara but didn't find him as both Gauri and Omkara are searching for each other in two different directions.

"Gauri, I think he has left after the exam. We too should go home your mom is waiting for you. If you find him in future, you can thank him. Now come let's go. " Mr. Sharma said.

"Yes Papa, may be he has left. Who will be wasting their time for one Fountain Pen. Okay, let's go home. " Gauri said and left for her home.

Omkara was searching for Gauri and didn't find her.

"Om, what happened? What are you searching for? " Shivaay, Omkara's elder brother, who came to pick up Om asked.

"Shit man, I missed her." Omkara said frustrated.

"Her? Who is that girl Om? " Rudra, Omkara's younger brother questioned wiggling his eyes brows playfully.

"The girl I gave my pen and heart. " Omkara said mumbling the last part to himself.

"Come on Om, everyone left. No one is there in the exam Hall. Even we too should leave. " Shivaay said.

"But Shivaay I have to find her." Omkara said and Saw Rudra raising his eyebrow, "She has my Lucky pen with her. " He continued.

"Omkara, there is no one in the exam Hall. I will get a new pen for you. May be if you find her again you can ask her to return your Lucky pen. Now come let's go. " Shivaay said and pulled Omkara with him to the car.

Later at night Gauri was laying on her bed looking at the Fountain pen in her hand.

"O." She said tracing her finger on the gold color initial that is engraved on the black Fountain Pen.

"What does O stands for? " Gauri thought.

"Whom are you thinking about looking at that pen, Kiddo. " Anika, Gauri's sister asked sitting beside her.

"About the guy, who gave me this pen. " Gauri said.

"Seems like you gave him your heart, in return of his pen. That's why you are thinking about him without sleeping. " Anika teased Gauri.

"He is a very good guy, Anika. You know no one cared about lending me a pen, everyone is busy writing their own exam, but that guy gave me his pen. But I didn't even said a proper thanks to him. May be if I meet him in future, I will thank him. " Gauri said looking at the initial on the pen closing her eyes thinking about the long-haired guy.