Nostalgia

Standing by the window, I watch the busy lives of the Metropolitan city like everyday, where people are busy running to make their livelihoods.

Life has not been the same ever since I shifted to this big metropolitan city, it became busy and strenuous trying to make money, accomplish tasks and running behind the goals. Even in this busy life style, Not a day goes by without missing the days of past, where protecting the pickles and papads from the birds and turning of the stove after three whistles used to be the only tasks to accomplish and the good girl compliment from Mom used to make me feel like I am on the cloud 9. Precious were those days, when no matter how big the fight or misunderstanding is it used to get  cleared by giving a hug and chocolate to each other. When we used to go to extents just to keep that pinky promise and the days when I used to wake up listening to the songs playing in national radio.

Not a day goes by without remembering those days when we used to sit in the moonlight listening to the folk stories that our grandparents used to narrate to us. The days when I used to wait patiently to receive my weekly pocket money from Dad. The days when I used to look forward for my birthday just to wear the new clothes and relish the taste of my favourite sweet dish, Mom used to make specially for me. The days when losing a toy or loosing a game were the only things that used to make me cry. The days were people used to treat everyone like a family and used to greet with big and pure smiles. The days when I used to believe in tooth fairies, Unicorns and Santa Claus.

Not a day goes by without thinking about Those days, when summers were spent flying kites and eating the stolen raw mangoes sitting under the shade of the tree and Winters were spent singing and dancing on folk songs around the Campfires drinking the hot masala tea. Those days when a Home was filled with joy, laughter and most importantly people, where Uncles, Aunts, cousins and grandparents used to stay under the same roof sharing Joys and sorrows.

Not a day goes by without missing those school days when we used to become a poet writing those silly poems on the benches, back page of the books used to be filled with the game of FLAMES and teenage love letters. Those days when we used to pretend having a stomach pain in order to escape going to school. The days when I used to return home from the school, to be welcomed by the warm hugs from my Mom and the smell of delicious home cooked food.

Not a day goes by missing those days, when Apple and BlackBerry were only fruits and People used to have time for family and friends.