Awake

As Jennie entered the hospital the only thing she could think was that she left, when Lisa needed her by her side. That multiplied the guilt she was already feeling.

When she finally entered Lisa's room, she found her mother on the corner of the sofa. She was hugging her kneels and she was crying like a kid that had been scolded.
Jennie turned her head to Lisa. She was sleeping peacefully, like nothing of these happened a while ago. She walked towards Lisa's mother and kneeled before her.

"I almost lost her Jennie" she mumbled brokenly and these words was like a bullet to Jennie's hearts. Her throat went dry and she was feeling numb only to the thought. She felt a hollow forming to her throat.

"Mrs. Manoban.." but she was cut before she could formulate anything else.

"She was asking for you." She looked at Jennie's eyes empathetically like she was asking for her help with her daughter.

Jennie was not able to contain herself anymore. Tears were released from her beautiful eyes and leaned forward to hug Lisa's mother.

"I will definitely be here when she wakes up Mrs.Banoban."

Jisoo and Rosé were looking at them silently. Chaeng approached Lisa and touched her forehead. Jisoo was standing still. She was so shocked. She always pretended to be cool but her heart is fragile like a flower.

It was past midnight until Jisoo and Park Chaeyoung finally managed to persuade Lisa's parents to return to their hotel to rest for the night since they were there and they intended to stay there. They ensured Lisa's parents that they will not leave the latter's side and if there's any change in her condition, they would inform them immediately. Almost two days without any rest and continuously pressure could make anyone mad and irrational. When it comes for your child's life, you run out of patience and logic the first hour.

Jennie opted to stay inside Lisa's room.
Jisoo and Rosé went to the hospital's cafeteria to grab some coffee. Caffeine would be their ally for the night.

"You think she is going to be fine? Rosé asked Jisoo and she looked very worried and kind of disappointed.

"You mean Jendeukie?" She asked her while they were walking towards the counter.

"Yeah..she seems..how can I say it?..."
There was a silence for a moment before she could finally find the right words to describe her friend's emotions.

"...Lost?" Jisoo asked her, looking at Rosé's eyes as she already knew what the latter was talking about.

Jisoo and Jennie were best friends since the became members of the same group. They trusted each other from the first days the spent together. One night they talked about everything, their dreams, their biggest fears, their passions.... everything. It was like an invisible bond encircled them that night. Jennie was seeing Jisoo as her sibling since as she didn't have one and Jisoo felt the same for her, like Jennie belonged to her family.

Jisoo stopped and turned her body to face Rosé. She put a stray strand of Rosé's hair behind her ear and as she exhaled deeply and she almost whispered

"We will help them and they will be fine,my Pasta" Jisoo told her.

As soon as Rosé heard Jisoo calling her like this, she knew that Jisoo was trying to lighten the mood. When Jisoo was feeling anxious or lost, she was always using her humor as a defence mechanism. This is the way she used to mask her insecurities band worries and didn't let anyone see how insecure she was feeling about something. But her bandmates knew her already. Rosé knew that Jisoo as the older member was trying to give them confidence and strength even if she was afraid as well. She was always protecting them even if she end up hurt at the end of the day. That is how big Jisoo's heart was. Especially when it comes to her girls. Her family. That's why Rosé felt the need to hug Jisoo as tight as it was possible.