The Day It All Went Down

Zedaph's POV:

It is a nice day; the sun is shining.

It is a great day to go and meet up with my friends, right? I thought to myself at that time.

And now I wished that I did not go that day, it changed my life both negatively and positively.

I send a text to my two best friends:

Zed: It's nice outside, wanna meet?

Beef: You bet!

Xb: I'll race you two!

Beef: Where are you racing to?

Xb: Wait right...

Zed: Let's meet somewhere near the "Dawquno Walk" then

Xb: Cool cool, I am still racing you there

Beef: Wait, Z's house is close to there and ours is really far...

Xb: Z! YOU PLANNED THIS!

Zed: (: P)

Xb: YOU PAY FOR THIS!

I smiled as I switched off my communicator, got up, and knew that both XbCrafted and VintageBeef will take a while to come here, as it is an hour-long ride to Dawquno Walk from Windrush Street where they live; I took my time to get dressed nicely.

I stared at the mirror, on it I saw my messy sandy hair, my brown jacket with my nicely ironed baby blue jeans with a pair of black sneakers.

"Well, no sense in staying here and doing nothing" My ADHD mind urged.

Dawquno Walk is a five minutes walk from my place. So, I stopped at the opening of the walk, near a big fence that fences the whole walk. Inside of the fence is a beautiful nature walk.

A helper of the walk came up to me and asked a few questions, I normally won't talk with strangers, but I was bored of waiting for my friend, I need some way to pass the time.

The helper had cowboy clothes on, with the brown jacket, a cream-colored undershirt, a belt tucked in brown pants. His bright green eyes and small smirk oppose the faded scars on his chin.

The helper asked: "Hey, you already know the rules of this walk, right?"

I replied: "Yes."

"You been there before? Isn't it pretty inside?"

"Yeah. It's really pretty inside, uh... what's your name again?"

"Ah! Sorry about my manners! My name is Scar!"

"No, it's fine, my name is Zedaph, but call me Zed or Z."

"Z? I am guessing that you snore in your sleep."

"... Yeah... how did you know?" I admitted.

"I don't know, my friends said I had the skill of reading people perfectly. Bahaha! Your face is starting to redden up!"

Yes, at the time my face was as red as a tomato, who won't be embarrassed when you admit you snore in your sleep?

"Your friends... who are they?" I muttered quietly.

"A bunch of mad lads, truly talented. We all live in a small camp near here. You should visit sometimes. Xisuma is kind of the leader of the camp."

"Xu-zoom-ba?"

"He's sensitive about the name. Bahaha! He's honestly the nicest guy though."

Then a gust of wind blew by. The bus stop near was unloading some travelers including some very angry ones.

"I'm guessing those are your friends?" Scar asked.

I nodded as Beef and Xb got near. Beef is a butcher and had his white work apron on, strained with the blood of meat, his straight blue eyes and short brown beard make him look like a murderer. But his personality is the opposite. And Xb wears a black jacket with cyan outlines, a white undershirt, and navy-blue jeans, his cyan eyes sparked with annoyance, and stroking his beard, he puffed out:

"Dude, no fair! Your house was the closest!"

"You made a new friend, I see." Beef adds.

"Hello, my fellow friends! Scar's my name and welcomes to the wonderful world of Dawquno Walk!"

"Oh, nice to meet you" Beef held his hand out and Scar shook it.

"If you have any questions, ask anyone of the helpers! Expect for the names of the plants, I'm too dyslexic for the Latin names to make sense." Scar said with a friendly smile.

And so, we went our separate ways. As we wave goodbye to Scar, he mouthed the words:

"Remember to look everywhere!"

As we went in. I got the feeling of someone following us. Weird.