Their Sign

XbCrafted's POV:

It wasn't a great day to be dealing with all this new information. It felt like I have been hit in the gut with disbelief and lies.

Too bad they aren't lies

The satyr Scar ran off without even waving goodbye and that Grian guy, he's still a stranger in my eyes. And don't even start on Xisuma and Ex, and now this TFC guy is acting all-wise and talking about the gods as if they were holy beings.

"You'll need to be patient, the gods have a plan, the future may look burry now but don't worry." TFC stared off into the distance and said.

"The gods never cared about me, so why would they suddenly care now?" I sneered.

"Xb... I know this is hard on you but... please keep calm." Zed said as he sat on a rock.

"Have faith, put your chin up, we'll help you adjust, and you'll see their sign."

"Their sign... tsk. They never even shown signs they ever existed."

"I'm sure they did," TFC answered

"Oh, where was my all-powerful mother when I needed her when my dad was struggling to pay for basic needs, where was she? Probably in Olympus partying her hat off."

"Now that I think about it, I can remember a guy with my mom smiling at me and the guy looked really weird." Beef muttered.

TFC smiled and said,

"The gods will change their appearance according to time, but sometimes they are a bit far behind..."

"Come on Xb! Your mom must have shown you even a trance of her caring." Zed said.

I tried to think all the way back, even into the foggy bits of memories I buried, no sign... did Mom whoever she was not cared?

"Well you seem to know a lot about the gods, can you guess who's my mom?" I asked TFC.

TFC shrugged and answered, "I'm wise, not psychic. Maybe if you stayed with us for a while and the other hermits may have a good guess."

"How many hermits are there? So far, we only know you, Xisuma, Joe, Grian, Scar, and Etho and I guess Exy." Beef asked.

"24, not counting Ex. There were a few that left, bless them wherever they are, if they want to join back, I and Xisuma will welcome them back with open hands." TFC said as he looked at the blue sky.

"Woah, that's not a lot of demigods, Scar said there were no more demigods that he knows of outside the camp, is that true?" Zed asked.

"So far, it's true," TFC added.

It was a moment of silence, it was one of the more comforting silence, then TFC got up, brushed the dirt off his pants, and said:

"Well, Grian gonna fly up here soon and show you around camp, he is gonna be your camp counselor, if there is any problem tell Ex or Xisuma."

"Wait there's... still..." Zed stuttered.

For an old man with a stump leg, TFC is fast. As Zed, Beef, and I stared at amusement as this old man hopped away, a gust of wind hit our face. A more similar voice then said:

"Man, TFC's fast, he might even beat me in a race."

"Hey cool it with the wind, Grain." I mocked.

The face of the sandy blonde appear, still with the claw marks of whatever attacked us the day before, he smirked: "You're sounding like Exy, so do you want to set up your room first or have me tour the camp first."