1. A Century

I got inspired after binging through BNA to write this and I hope you guys enjoy! :) Tell me, what is your favorite character on the show in addition to Shirou? 

[ph] = preferred honorific

[pn] = preferred noun

[ppr] = preferred pronoun

-- 

It has been a century since the Sylvasta Pharmaceutics accident. The controversy that once plagued Anima City was swept under the rug with a series of reforms that affected both human and beastkin. The government was beginning a new phase of integrating humans into Anima City now that their pilot program was successful in Tokyo, Ikebukuro, Ginza, and other cities.

You looked at the brochure in your hands: eyeing the many amenities this city had to offer. There were internet cafes to make new friends in, shopping districts that catered to human/beastkin, and of course amazing street food. You had just finished your last year of high school and realized that you had no desire to continue your education. All your life, you struggled with learning. You tried to stay behind after school to learn from your teachers. You tried to ask your friends to help tutor you in return for some baked goods. You even tried sleeping on your homework in hopes of letting the information absorb into your head. These methods proved themselves futile. What would make learning in university any different? It was just a more expensive version of high school. You wanted to live life not constantly chained to a book. You wanted to live.

'We'll miss you!''

You looked at the notification on your phone and smiled.

'I'll miss you guys too'

Your friends were there for you thick and thin. It was no surprise to you that they opposed the notion of you moving away. But ultimately, your stubbornness won and their only wish was that you remained in contact with them. You checked your phone again for the time. Only thirty more minutes until you enter your new life as an Anima City resident. You had to register your name, get your residency card, and get your assigned apartment. Humanity had a long way to go but you were hopeful. Change can happen. People and beastkin can exist in the same realm. And really, it was up to everyone to open their hearts to being able to coexist with one another. You felt a bit of pity for your peers for choosing to continue their studies when they could be living life here. You looked at the city line looming in the left. Your excitement grew and so did your fatigue.

You leaned against the cool window and closed your eyes .