15. Jealousy

Author's Notes:

Buckle up buckaroo's <:)

[ph] = preferred honorific

[pn] = preferred noun

[ppr] = preferred pronoun

---

Shirou's throat tightened with distaste as he tried to make sense of what just happened.

'You wouldn't mind if I had a little sample, right?'

Was this what the fucking bastard meant?

Because that 'little sample' turned out to be a large fucking heapful.

Had he known that his visitations would result in this, he would have forgone it all. He would have left it at dropping the human off at the hospital. But he tried, tried so hard to sympathize and connect for the beastkin. To rid himself of his biases against the humans. To understand why someone would want to live here despite being attacked by a beastkin on the first day. But the past was the past, and all he could do now was take care of the mess that Alan created.

He further leaned in so that his snout was flush against the other's neck.

"S-Shirou? Please answer me," [ppr] whispered. _____ tried shifting around but was unable to free [ppr-self] from his hold. In turn, Shirou's grip loosened ever so slightly to ease the other's nerves.

"... Sorry."

_____ huffed and bit [ppr] lip, "It's... okay... just, are you good?"

He needed to understand why Alan did all of this to [ppr].

He deeply inhaled.

The traces of black cedarwood and juniper cologne still lingered along [ppr] neck. For one, neither one was grown here. And even if they were, it wouldn't change the fact that Alan took advantage of _____.

There was also the faint smell of sweat that followed after the cologne. It definitely wasn't Alan's: that was for sure. It smelled... too human. _____'s. What else could have caused it other than the fear of being consumed alive— again?

Shirou gritted his teeth as more of the past events flickered through his mind.

The mockery. The biting. The humiliation. The marking.

He felt utterly useless as the scene unfolded in front of him. How did Alan manage to do all of this to the other while he was so close by? How did he get so wrapped up with his investigation that he took no notice of _____ when [ppr] was ambushed by the other? Wait— the messages.

'Guess what I found.'

Fuck. He should have responded back to the messages. But how would he have known that the blonde was all the way up here from just that? Was he even there at the time?

Shirou furrowed his brows, recalling the other message in the pair. 'Do you like smelling plants.' Of course, the idiot would have sent him a message about the plants while exploring the rooftop. There were rules enforced by the nurses here: humans were terrible at listening to instructions. Maybe, had [ppr] stayed in [ppr] ward then...

No. It wouldn't have mattered.

There was no denying it: Alan was fully aware of the human before all of this. And maybe by extension, he knew the specific room number in which [ppr] resided in. Whether _____ was there or here, Alan would have been able to find [ppr] with his extensive security network.