7. Wet

Author Notes: Optional music to listen to as you read this chapter: soundcloud.com/flancebeats2018/somedays

[ph] = preferred honorific

[pn] = preferred noun

[ppr] = preferred pronoun

---

Shirou tended to visit you during the hospital's quieter hours. It seemed to be routine for him to come in, ask a question, and listen to you talk. Sometimes, curiosity got the better of you and you would ask him some of your own questions. Where did he come from? What did he do? If he felt comfortable enough, he would answer with a curt response. Otherwise, he would brush the question off for a future conversation. With patience and time, you hoped to soon be able to figure out his secrets.

You looked into the void of your phone's screen, briefly staring at your reflection before pressing the home button to unlock it. You were thankful that you were finally able to contact your friends and family after setting up your phone. At first, they were very confused as to why you were using a different number than the one they saved your contact information with. Though, It didn't take too long for them to tease you: asking if the number was from a lover's phone一 when did you become so interested in interspecies dating?  You vehemently denied their accusations, but cited that even if you were interested: it wasn't their place to be mean about such trivial matters.

You explained your situation to them in an attempt to quell the chaos. Luckily, no one pressured you into giving out any more information after learning about how you ended up in a hospital.

Despite this, there was one person that you were grateful for. You went into your recent messages, searching for his name.

Shirou Ogami.

You scanned the previous conversation you two had.

'[11:23 PM] What keeps you up at night?'

'[11:30 PM] ?'

'[11:31 PM] I wanted to ask b/c you seem like you always have a lot on your mind'

'[11:32 PM] Anima City's future'

'[11:33 PM] Is living in the moment not something you like to do much?'

'[11:34 PM] I prefer to think ahead'

'[11:35 PM] So what does Anima City have in store for a recovering human whose only skillset is knowing how to use a spoon and a fork?'

'[11:37 PM] You can't be serious'

You bit your lip as you tried to contain your smile. He had his serious moments, but then there were times where his own logic failed him. You looked at the clock across the room and eyed the second hand as it drew closer to 6.

You were due to go to your first aquatherapy session in a few minutes.

Each evening, the nurses would bring in a fresh gown and a bottle of topical solution to clean your body. Initially, they offered to help you undress and apply the antiseptic, but you declined their offers in hopes to rehabilitate yourself on your own terms. You learned to rely on your arms since you weren't able to move around quite yetYou really missed wearing real clothes and taking hot showers. But, today was the first day you would be able to do something besides lay in bed.

You decided to send a text message in case a certain individual wanted to show up again.

'[10:24 AM] I have therapy today at 10:30!'

The x rays showed that your rib cage was still healing from the fracture. Your blood levels also had to be continuously monitored to ensure that none of the venom was left in your system. Your wound was now a large scab that just needed ointment applied to it.