3. Fight or Flight

Author's Notes: Warning, this chapter contains explicit material. Tried to get another chapter out before I'm back on the grind @ work!

[ph] = preferred honorific

[pn] = preferred noun

[ppr] = preferred pronoun

--

Biting on one of the egg halves, you unlocked your phone to save this shop as a favorite in Boogle Maps. You couldn't believe how much flavor was packed into this broth. It was like silk in your mouth. You wanted to learn how the chef made it so you could reproduce this as well. On the other hand... a chef would never reveal his secrets. All you could do was watch the man chop, heat, and mix away. You picked up a drenched nori and began to chew on it.

You were in mid chew before feeling something slide up your legs. You stopped eating and looked down. Nothing was there. It must have been your imagination. You picked your nori up again before experiencing the same sensation, this time the slick feeling was higher along your legs. No one was around you except for the other patrons. You looked to the left and frowned at the man.

"Hey can you please stop that sir, I am trying to eat here."

"You must be confusing yourself, [ph]. I've been eating all this time, as you can see."

He motioned with both of his occupied hands.

"Ah!" Your face heated up with embarrassment, "my... my apologies, sir."

He smugly grinned, telling you that it wasn't a problem at all. You could've sworn you saw his tongue split into two when he excused your accusation.

Weird.

You went back to finishing your meal. The same feeling occurred again, and you tried to ignore it before the grip on your legs got tighter and the feeling got closer to your upper thighs. You silently gasped, looking down to find nothing. You looked back at the man you accused, and found him slurping his noodles down. You must be feeling really tired. Or, you must be getting delusional from the excitement of moving in. Regardless, dinner wasn't very relaxing any more. You quickly reached into your pockets and pulled out a few bills. You placed your money down on the table,

"Keep the change, chef: it was delicious." The patron eyed you with the corner of his eyes.

The chef looked at your unfinished bowl, "Oi-"

"Byeee!"

You got up from your seat and quickly darted from the ramen shop, noting how strange it was to have something yet nothing slide up your legs. You were on edge: it hasn't been a day yet and you were experiencing some paranoia. You weren't sure if the patron back there was the perpetrator, but he certainly made you feel flustered. You made sure to walk into a heavier part of the crowd so that you would blend in. You kept walking and made sure to put your head down to draw less attention to yourself. Wherever you went, you knew you still had to get your residency information before the day ended.

"City Hall" You pressed the search button on Boogle Maps. With four bars of service, you were sure to have the directions soon.

"You know Anima City really isn't really a place for humans."

Startled, you dropped your phone onto the floor. A strong grip on your arm stopped you in your tracks. You quickly turned around and saw the man who was sitting next to you at the ramen shop. Your eyes widened.

"You."

You tried to rip your arm away from his grip, but winced as it got tighter.

"I wouldn't try to scream if I were you, I could easily end your life right here, little human." His pupils flickered into slits and his irises turned emerald green. You gulped. And here you thought you were going to make friends on your first day. He pulled you towards him, and you shook your head. You applied pressure onto the ground in an attempt to slow the man down but your efforts were futile. You looked at the other people and beastkin in the crowd, who seemed to be conveniently ignoring the scene that was happening right in front of them.