5. Roused

Author Notes

Some of you may have noticed that I've updated the format of the previous chapters to have line breaks + to include these terms, [ph], [pn], [pp]. This is to give you guys, hopefully, an easier time reading the story! I wanted this to come out sooner but... I just kept circling myself. 

Please, enjoy!

[ph] = preferred honorific 

[pn] = preferred noun 

[ppr] = preferred pronoun 

---

Multiple blurry figures hovered over you as you were wheeled into a blinding white room.

"Get the anesthetic一"

"Grab the tools!"

"Those ones."

"Get the mask and call the general surgeon!"

"一No, the other ones."

"These?"

"Those."

Loud. Too loud. Alarmingly, the predicament that you were in was further exacerbated by the instruments being prodded against your body. You wanted to groan, but the same sharp pain kept shooting from your abdomen.

"It's administered." 

"Get the tray over here."

The voices around you became less distinct as the drug made its way throughout your body. What was once pain was us completely numb: your breaths carefully controlled by the contraption in your throat. Not being able to go on for much longer, you closed your eyes in exhaustion.

--

'Where am I... What's going on...'

"Hey Tsutsumi, could you grab another ice pack? This one's all melted." A nurse lifted the wet bag off of your abdomen, handing it to the other.

"Yeah. Let me go into the supply room to refill that."

--

"[ppr] vitals seem to be normal for the most part."

The same nurse from earlier examined the EKG machine, and wrote down the updated data onto your file.

"Tell the doctor that everything is running fine and that [ppr] just needs more rest."

--

Hours flew by and you were still drifting in and out of consciousness. Your eyes did their best to lift themselves, but to no avail. You were able to lift your fingers and wiggle your toes, so you weren't completely immobilized. Occasionally, you would also be able to pick up the bits of conversations between the doctors who visited you. Other times, you would just hear the scuffle of rubber against the floor along with the squeak of a cart's wheels. And between the times that you were awake, you attempted to reassess where you exactly were.

A tight hug from all of your friends. Bittersweet feelings. You were on a train, the 3rd car, on your way to Anima City. There was an ocean: a pretty one. No, that's not why you were here though. You got off of the train and walked onto the escalators. The pattern of the walls distracted you, but then there were the posters with the tiger actress and the burger. Okay, then you were out. What happened from there? You had to dig deeper.

Your eyelids slowly lifted themselves up, revealing a drab fluorescent lit room. You weren't aware that you were staring at something other than the darkness quite just yet. You were very much still deep in thought.

Okay so, the police force on duty. Then hunger. You didn't eat anything the day you left to go take the train. You walked past a bunch of flamingos. They were quite flashy. Then... you smelled the savory smell that only tonkotsu ramen could bring. You walked deeper into the streets, following that scent. Then there was that shop with the small red banners hanging over it. The ramen shop. No, the man. Cobra. ...Your phone!