14

"This is the list of all Mafia gangs in Korea" Jaehyun placed the paper on the desk earning their attention

"And?" Aera raised a brow asking him to continue, "No Citrine whatsoever" At those words their shoulders fell in disappointment.

"Seojun said he'll visit in a few days, he has some important work as of now" Johnny informed and they nodded.

"Now what?" Mark asked looking at Taeyong since he was always the one to lead the team, "Wait for Seojun's words, what else?" He simply shrugged in response earning a sigh from the siblings before they shared a look.

"I hate how we can't do shit without his approval" Jaehyun rolled his eyes earning a laugh from Taeyong at his words.

"Sucks to be an undercover agent.." Aera mumbled under her breath, a heavy sigh leaving her lips as she thought of her soulmate, how things would've been different if she wasn't an agent.

"Anyways.. tell me about Donghyuck. How did you two meet?" Mark asked, curiously skipping towards the girl and she darted her gaze onto the floor, tension rising in her while her brain stormed with ideas trying to come with an excuse to conceal the truth.

"Umm... why?" Aera questioned and he rolled his eyes, "What why? As your brother I've to approve him first. He's not allowed inside our house without me agreeing" Mark joked but soon the smile on his face died down seeing the girl being strangely silent.

"Hey, what's wrong? You don't like him? Any issues between you two?" He inched closer to the girl in concern and she shook her head, assuring him everything was alright though nothing ever happened in the right way.

"Don't worry Aera. I felt the same when I met mine too, let time heal everything"
"Also, soulmates are meant to be. You can't defy the bond and hate them. Trust me, in the end you will two will stay happy together for eternity" He pat her back comfortingly before leaving the girl alone.

"I really wish though.." She muttered to herself, placing her chin on her hand- pondering about her soulmate, hoping time would really settle things out in her life.

"I heard there was witness for the crime and he escaped?" Daejung raised a brow- his tone conveying that he only just wanted a confirmation.

Donghyuck remained silent, looking at his side- eyes averting his father's gaze.

"If silence is all I get, it must be the truth" Daejung scoffed before standing up from his chair, walking towards the boy.

"You know what will happen if anything goes wrong right?" Donghyuck shut his eyes close momentarily, gulping down the huge lump in his throat- balling his fists that urged to fight him but he couldn't- couldn't seem to muster the courage to even utter a word against him.

Daejung brought his hand up, grabbing a fist full of Donghyuck's shirt before harshly yanking him and the boy looked up at the elder man, lips sealed as he intended to remain silent, "Correct your stupid mistake before I take any action and I'm sure you know how it will be if I take things up myself- which you very well don't wish for right?" He daunted, pushing the boy back as he let go off his collar.

Donghyuck lightly stumbled back, giving him a small nod before turning around on his heels and dashing out of the room, slamming the door shut with a loud noise behind him- seething that he was helpless about anything that dealt with his father.

Donghyuck walked down the hallways barged into the room, catching everyone inside off guard.

"Find Taewon and get him here, now!" Donghyuck demanded, almost yelling out and Renjun and Jeno shared a look before exiting the room.

"Him again?" Jisung asked, placing a hand on the elder's shoulder patting him comforting, already well aware of the answer since it wasn't the first time.

"Night Hyung" He mumbled out before deciding to leave the boy alone in his room.

Well who do you think Citrine could be??👀