58

Aera was passing by the kitchenette when she heard her name being called out, turning around to see Donghyuck standing near the counter with busy hands

"Good morning Hyuck" Aera greeted as she walked over to him and he returned her a smile.

"Coffee?" He asked and she gave a nod as she sat herself down on the empty worktop, opposite to him.

"Work?"
"For today, it's an off" Donghyuck simply hummed in response to those words and she silently watched him make another cup of coffee for her- a smile lingering on her lips as she watched her soulmate.

Aera was slightly in a debate on whether she should start the conversation about Citrine because she was clueless on how he would react but he was her only way and she had no other choice but to bring up the topic.

"Have you read the file on your desk..?"
"The one named 'Azurite Neo'?" He questioned back and she tensed up knowing he probably read it.

"Yea.."
"I didn't.. I will if you want me to"
"Oh, oh" Aera's mind eased at those words and a sigh of relief escaped her lips under her breath.

"Here," Donghyuck turned around handing over the mug with hot coffee and she mumbled out a 'thank you' as she grabbed it from him.

"So.. what is it that you want to tell?" Donghyuck began as he leaned onto the counter opposite to her and her eyebrows jumped up in surprise.

"Me?" She uttered out obliviously and he titled his head to the side, his gaze on her intensifying as he studied her and she looked away, anxious.

"It's written all over your face 'I have something to say'.. just talk it out Aera" Donghyuck spoke walking over to stand beside her and knowing she was running less on time, she decided to speak out.

"Hyuck you do know Pyrite is on Mission Neo right?"
"Yes"
"And when we tried to guard CEO Kang was when we first met you- investigating CEO Kang and inquiring further we figured out," Aera paused, looking down at him and he raised a brow, waiting for her to proceed.

"That.. Citrine is involved" Hearing those words, Donghyuck slightly stiffened and Aera bit down on her lip, worried if she triggered something she shouldn't have.

"And what is it that you want from me?" Aera was taken aback to see his tone remain calm but soon answered him.

"I need your help.. I have to—"
"You don't have to do anything Aera, just forget it" Donghyuck placed the cup aside, walking away from her and she jumped down stably on her feet before following him.

"I can't leave it this way Hyuck. I've got to prove Citrine guilty and that all the proofs of yours are forged- two days is all I've got Hyuck, please" Aera explained herself as she followed him inside his room.

"Aera this won't work out in two days—" Donghyuck was cut off when Aera grabbed onto his arm, stopping him mid way.

"Do you not trust me Hyuck?" Donghyuck ranked his eyes over her face- guilt striking him and he exhaled out, taking a step closer to her.

"I trust you but I.. I just don't want you to get involved in all of this Aera. If anything happens to you I— just don't Aera, please" Donghyuck muttered out, gently tucking the strands of her hair behind her ear and a warm smile pulled up on her lips upon hearing those words.

"I'll be fine Hyuck, really" Aera gave his hand a light squeeze in assurance and though a part of him denied he did give a nod, offering to help her out with Citrine.

Aera walked over to his desk, picking the file in her hand, "This is the info about Neo, all the crimes with evidences, here" She handed it over to him and he flipped through the file, taking a glimpse at the information.

"Who gave this to you..?"
"CEO Kang"
"And you trust him with this shit?"
"Well, I don't. Anyways, take a look at this" Donghyuck neared her and looked down at the computer screen which she pointed at.

"This was the info our team got from all the chief police officers at the site of crime but when I compared the two I found out that most of it is same. I'm pretty sure these evidences are forged.. are they?"
"Uhh.. they are"
Aera did notice how he hesitated but she brushed the thought away, giving him a nod before turning to fully face him as she spoke.

"Hyuck I know this is a lot to ask for.. but I need to know everything between you and Citrine in order to solve this"
Donghyuck stared at her for a few seconds, debating within himself but nonetheless he gave a nod, walking over to his shelf as he rummaged through the files.

"This," Donghyuck began as he placed the file in her hands, "Members of Citrine info, go through if you want to" Aera clutched the file in her hand, holding it by her side as she looked up at him.

"What's your relation with Citrine, Hyuck?"
"Rivals, Aera. Citrine and Neo have a history of rivalry- trying to dominate over one another for supremacy in the underworld and it still continues now that we've the upper hand" Donghyuck clarified and she gave a nod as she placed the file in her hands on the desk.

"Citrine doesn't have a lead after my dad took down theirs, that's probably why they haven't made any move in the past few months"
"So.. us making the first move is much easier since we are dominant in terms of skill and capital, right?"
Aera raised a brow and he shook his head disapprovingly.

"Yes, but they are tactical and them being placid all these months ultimately means they are upto something big. Don't underestimate Citrine Aera, I mean it when I say they're capable of taking over us"
"If neither of us advance it's pointless and also, CEO Kang is our only way. So let's initiate it before them Hyuck"
"Us? Kang knows our identity Aera, it's going to be a vain attempt"
Donghyuck shrugged getting seated on the bed and a sigh escaped Aera lips at his words.

"Yea, so I will do it. It's less skeptical if I approach him, how about that..?"
"Fine.. but are you formally approved to do this?"
"Formal? Bullshit, let's do this our way Hyuck"

 but are you formally approved to do this?" "Formal? Bullshit, let's do this our way Hyuck"

Sorry for the late update :((
But 71k WTH y'all how even—
Thank you so much 🥺🥺♥️