32

"It's just the training that's—oh" Donghyuck paused mid way through his sentence upon realizing Aera leaning her head on his shoulder, already half asleep

Donghyuck looked at his side- his view being blocked by the girl who shifted closer to him and subconsciously linked their arms together, mumbling something incoherent under her breath with her eyes close as she drifted off to sleep.

Donghyuck titled his head trying to get a better view of her face and he noticed she was asleep.

He sat back in his position as he lowered himself down on the bench to meet her height so she was comfortably leaning on him.

Deciding to let her rest, he pulled out his phone, scrolling through it as the girl beside him rhythmically breathed, her arms looped around his, falling asleep much quicker than ever in his hold.

Aera was about to slide off his shoulder since she was deep asleep and quickly deciphering it, he instinctively placed his hand under her chin, stopping her from falling forward- cupping the side of her face as he held her, cautious to not wake her up as he leaned her head back on his shoulder.

"Oh my gosh look at them. They're so cute!" The girl walking past commented, looking at Aera and Donghyuck who were seated on the bench.
"Someday we'll get there too love" The teenage boy flashed a smile to his soulmate, linking their hands, the gold beaming off the two as they continued to walk.

Unintentionally hearing those words, Donghyuck glanced at the girl on his side, moving a few strands off her face, tucking them behind her ear, unknown to him as a small smile lingered on his lips.

Just then the sound of someone's phone ringing pierced through the serenity and startled, the girl flung her eyes open at the sudden sound and Donghyuck cursed under his breath for having her sleep interrupted.

Aera pulled out her phone from her pocket, instantly accepting the call and the moment she placed it near her ear, the loud voice bombarded her with questions making her screw her eyes shut and place the phone away from her ear.

"Aera I heard you did not take the train?? Why? Where the hell are you now?! And aren't you ho—"
"Mark calm down! You're screaming"
She interjected and the boy on the other side sighed out, finally lowering his tone as he continued to speak.

"Where are you Aera, you are always getting me concerned"
"I'm fine Mark, don't worry"
"And why didn't you take the train?"
"Ahh that.." Aera paused glancing at Donghyuck who had his eyes glued onto his phone yet well aware of what she spoke through the call.

"I'm staying with Donghyuck.." She said, biting down on her lip anxious about how he would react to those words.

"Oh wow. That's great! Go ahead and spend some quality time with your man" Mark laughed at his own words making Aera break out into a smile.

"But don't forget your brother in here okay?" Aera's smile immediately died down hearing the word 'brother', thoughts flooding her mind about Jisung- she almost forgot about him, too busy pondering over her soulmate.

"I won't.." She mumbled out in a low voice, "Take care then, bye Aera" Aera let out a soft 'bye' before ending the call and turning to look at Donghyuck only to see him already staring at her.

"You good?" He raised a brow, looking at the girl who's mood visibly changed and she gave a small nod in response.

"Ok. Shall we get home?" He asked while standing up, sliding his phone into his pocket before looking down at the girl who was seated.

Aera hummed in response, standing up as the two began walking alongside each other to Neo Headquarters.

The two felt so out of place as they weaved through the suffocating crowd of soulmates, lovingly holding each other as they walked- smiles and giggles filling the place while these two quietly walked alongside each other.

Aera watched everyone holding hands- the bare minimum soulmates do and she bit down on her lip, nervously eying his hand that was placed by his side before shrugging her thoughts off.

The only time the two held hands were to heal one another and to willingly hold his hands was something she hesitated to do, since they weren't close enough to invade one another's personal space yet.

Not realizing it herself, her pace slowed down- thoughts clattering her mind about him and the boy was now walking ahead of her.

Donghyuck noticed her absence on his side and his heart lurched, panic filling him and he stopped, swiftly turning back with wide eyes as he searched for the girl.

Upon noticing Aera right behind him, he sighed out in relief under his breath and she looked up from the ground, her perplexed eyes meeting his slightly wide, concern filled ones.

Without a warning, Donghyuck slid his hand below hers, his big hand engulfing hers- interlacing their fingers and he pulled her closer to him towards his side, almost protectively so as to not loose her in the endlessly enlarging crowd.

Though Aera was confused at first, his actions soon dawned on her and her lips quirked up into a smile as she ducked her head down to hide the blush that crept her face.

The two continued to walk hand in hand the rest of the way back home and a smile never left her lips, contented that at least the two were beginning to get somewhere..

Thoughts..?👀