16

"I'm sorry" Aera began earning the elder's attention, "Mark, I'm sorry" She repeated herself, skipping closer to the boy but however he remained silent

"It was him not me!" Aera almost yelled out, hoping for her brother to speak back to her but seeing him silent, she sighed out loud.

Seeing Mark maintain a straight face- devoid of any emotion, it hurt her.
She was angry at her own self for acting without giving it a thought- though it wasn't something she could control- she did feel bad cause those words escaped her lips much harsh, knowing he was definitely hurt deep down.

Aera walked closer to the boy who was busy tidying his desk- her hands holding onto his arms making him stop what he was doing.

"Mark I'm sorry, really" She whispered out, desperately awaiting his response but her lips naturally pouted upon seeing the boy give her practically no response.

"Markie stop ignoring me-e" Aera mumbled out, her voice slightly breaking at the end as tears lined her eyes.

Mark silently glanced at her and his own eyes widened seeing her glassy ones,
"Why are you crying??" Mark uttered out, his face washing over with concern and Aera shook her head in denial- biting down on her lip to cease her cries.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I just— I'm sorry Mark" Aera mumbled out and he stared at the girl before a smile curled on his lips, his hands placed on her shoulder as he spoke,
"It's okay Aera, I could never be angry at you whatsoever. You don't have to apologize"

Aera simply gave a nod, gulping down the huge lump that grew in her throat, knowing her act from yesterday had clearly hurt him.

Mark noticed how she stayed silent, musing over it though he had asked her not to apologize, earning a sigh from him.

"Don't worry, I will always love you my little girl" Mark stated, softly ruffling her hair and she broke out into a smile at his actions before looking up at him.

"Sorry Mark" Mark shook his head at her words, flashing her a wide smile.
"It's okay Aera, I understand" Aera's lips curled up into a small smile at his words.

"How about paying your soulmate a visit?" He asked and the girl slightly tensed up.

"Now?" She asked- almost questioning her own self, unsure if she should visit him since they barely knew each other.

"Yea, some bonding time you know?" He wiggled his brows playfully, completely oblivious as to how their two relation was.

"Areum use to get angry cause I couldn't spend quality time with her cause of work," Mark said, a smile lingering on his lips as he spoke about his soulmate.

"Who knows what got him so angry yesterday? Maybe he missed you?"
Aera creased her forehead at his words, knowing it was nothing of that sorts.

"I wish.." She muttered, sighing out as her shoulder fell in disappointment, watching as the boy exited the room and to the kitchen.

"Should I go?" She spoke to herself- mind mulling over it before she shook her head in response, "You're an idiot if you go to him, he doesn't care anyways" She scoffed under her breath before exiting Mark's room and making her way towards hers to get ready for work.

"Why the heck did I come??" Aera lowly groaned, cursing herself for her own decision, "You really are an idiot" Mumbling to herself, she stepped inside the Neo headquarters.
And within an instant she had few men approaching her, ready to take an action against the intruder.

"Gosh such a pain" She muttered before glaring at one of them and soon her eyes caught sight of the person far behind.

"Jeno!" She called out, remembering his name from what she had read in the profile.

Jeno turned to look at the voice, instinctively approaching the girl upon hearing his name being called out but he came to a halt- eyes trailing over her figure, instantly recognizing the girl.

"You? Why are you here?" He raised a brow- voice stern as he awaited her response.

Aera drew her eyes down onto his arm that had the white bandage wrapped around and she instantly remembered she was the one who shot his arm on the other day when they were intended to save CEO Kang.

"Are you okay..?" Area asked, pointing at his arm- mentally facepalming herself for her meaningless question since it was evident that he wasn't.

"Why are you here?" He repeated himself, ignoring her words.

"Don— Haechan, I need to meet him" Aera said and he scoffed out, shaking his head in disapproval before turning around as he walked away.

Upon seeing him give no orders to them, his men instantly took a step towards the girl.

"Fine then, if I'm dying so is your leader" Aera shrugged, preparing herself to fight the guy who was approaching her and Jeno paused hearing her words.

"What?" He uttered out, furrowing his brows and just when Aera was about to speak up, someone interrupted earning their attention.

"Jeno, Haechan wants— Oh you?" He paused looking at girl.
"You know her?" Jeno questioned the boy standing beside him and he gave a nod in response.

"Yea, Haechan's soulmate she is- Park Aera" Jeno's eyes flickered down at the girl, staring at her with a raised brow- narrowing his eyes on her face upon hearing her name.

"Don't waste my time," Aera rolled her eyes, walking past the two, "Jaemin, guide me to his room" He simply nodded, stepping alongside the girl and the two walked inside the building.

Jeno motioned their men to leave and soon he head inside the building, behind the two.

"Park Aera?" He repeated her name under his breath, squinting his eyes on the girl who walked ahead- mind pondering over, trying to recollect where he had heard it before since he found her name oddly familiar.