Chapter 7.5 || Subtle Conversations 2

I Always Ask Questions

⋆  🎀  ❝𝐿𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝓂𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓎𝑒𝓁𝓁❀𝓌 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈

⋆  🎀  ❝𝐿𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝓂𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓎𝑒𝓁𝓁❀𝓌 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈.❞  🎀  ⋆

"Why are you asking about Leo all of a sudden?"

"W-what- you were the one to bring him up!"

"... But you were the one who started asking about him, (Y/N)."

"April, I made a new friend, I reserve the right to ask how they're doing."

"Right... Anyways, he's been doing fine. Fighting crime, watching TV, eating pizza."

"What does he watch?"

"Ok, now you're definitely asking about him."

"I'm curious ok? I've only ever met the guy once, I don't know anything about him."

"You sound like you're thinking of asking him out to a date."

"W-what -no! I... Do I?"

"Oh my god, (Y/N)! You do like him, don't you?"

"No, no it's not like that April! How in the world could I like someone I've never even seen before?"

"Alright, alright fine... Besides he's head over heals for some other girl anyways."

. . .

. . . 

"... He is?"

"Oh, I see you're curious?"

"W-well I mean - you're the one who brought it up!"

"Alright, well it's some girl named Karai. She's part of the Foot Clan - one of the groups we fight against."

"WHAT!? Is he insane?!"

"Right! I slapped him the first time he told me because of it. I just couldn't believe he would go and crush on someone from an evil organization like that!"

"That's just asking for trouble..."

"Sounds like you're a little jealous."

"Why would I be jealous!?"

"You're getting kind of loud, too."

"I- I'm naturally this loud! You know this."

"Hahaha! Ok, I'm only joking, but seriously... Your curious aren't you? To see what they look like?"

"I would be lying if I said no, but I'm alright with not knowing. I might be naturally curious because I'm a scientist and all, but... I understand that sometimes you can't always reveal all your cards...

Dangerous things can happen if you do."