Chapter 39 || Alaric's Turn

"𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓶𝓲𝔁 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓮

"𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓶𝓲𝔁 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓮. 𝓘𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮."

"Why's he not freaking out?" Mikey asked as they conversed in the back of the car.

"Because's he's already seen me before." Raph said nervously. This caused all of his brothers to begin arguing, and you could see Alaric become physically more irritated.

Donnie then leaned forward from the back and pointed out the front windshield. "Take a left here and go into the second alley way. I'll open up a path to get to the sewers." He was a lot more calm about this than his brothers.

"Wait, wait - the sewers?" Alaric stepped on his breaks just as a few dumpsters moved. "Oh no - no way am I letting my baby go into the sewers." Alaric stopped the car and parked it in the alleyway instead.

"Looks like we're walking from here." You muttered to the others as they all tumbled out of his car.

"Good, because I want an explanation." Alaric said with crossed arms, surveying the group in front of him. They were color coded. Casey was in black and then there was red, blue, orange, and purple.

"Right, well you see Mr. Lan-"

"Just Alaric." He interrupted Donnie. "Just call me Alaric."

"Right, well my brothers and I are turtles who mutated into what you see before you here today." All of you entered the sewers and Donnie continued to explain the situation to Alaric, and even the parts that you hadn't told him as well. Each time he learned something about you that you could have told him before, he gave you a hurt but sharp glare.

"Hey, (Y/N) are you really alright with him coming with us to the Lair?" Leonardo asked you in a whisper.

"I should be asking you that, Leonardo. Are you ok with him coming? I trust Alaric, but I know that you were the one who was there when..."

"So it was you." Alaric spoke up, looking at Leonardo. "It was you who threatened me with your sword that day."

You all were literally at the entrance to the Lair, but Alaric stopped everyone in their tracks with his words. "I wouldn't have had to if you hadn't threatened (Y/N)." Leonardo replied sharply.

"Right." Alaric replied, narrowing his eyes and crossing his arms .

"Alright, that's enough you two, I need to help Donnie figure out what that chemical was, so you two need to play nice." You told them. "Raph, please make sure they don't kill each other."

"You want me to-? Seriously, (Y/N)? If anything I might watch their fight with some popcorn and soda on the side." Raph replied with a chuckle. You only gave him a glare in return and followed Donnie to his lab.

As soon as you left, Alaric turned to the three brothers left, and ignored Casey. "So you're all... which ones? Which one's Leonardo?" He asked gesturing to them. He knew it was blue, but he wanted to see them fumble.

"Me." Leonardo stepped up.

Alaric only hummed in reply, but then looked to Raph. "I've seen you. You're name's Raph, right? (Y/N) talks 'bout you a lot. Says you hated her."

"I-... I didn't hate her." Raph said bashfully.

"Right..." Alaric said as his eyes flickered back to Leonardo. He seemed irritated that Alaric kept probing his brothers, but Alaric knew the truth. It was because he said you always talked about Raph. He was jealous of his own brother for being better friends with you, but he had his head wrapped around another girl as well. He would have to pick one sooner or later.

All of them moved to the couch in the living room instead, and began speaking.

"So, Leonardo, Leo- whatever, you got a girlfriend?" Alaric asked, leaning back on the couch.

Raphael and Casey were beside Leonardo as well, and Mikey was sitting on the floor, not paying attention to anything other than the TV. Both Casey and Raph knew you trusted Alaric, and they both knew he was the one who helped you realize your true feelings. Holy shit, this was gonna be a rollercoaster ride.

Raph hid his mischievous smile behind a soda can, and Casey just leaned back more to see the expressions on each of their faces.

"No." Leonardo replied curtly, giving Alaric a sideways glare.

"Really?" Alaric asked, his voice raising an octave; oh he was gonna have fun with this. "Because I was so sure that you were (Y/N)'s boyfriend."

Raph couldn't hold it, he spit out his soda and began laughing so hard that it echoed through the Lair, Casey following suit. Leonardo's face flushed bright red, and he stood up from his seat.

"I'm not!" He cried desperately.

"I mean - you keep acting like it." Alaric was completely calm. "You never left her side until she went with Purple to do some science stuff. And you seemed really really defensive over her the day we met. Not to mention that you're still weary of me when it's obvious that she trusts me."

"I- I..." Leonardo could come up with nothing, so Alaric continued.

"Are you sure you're not in love with her?" His tone turned deathly serious and Raph stopped laughing immediately.

Leonardo noticed the change in tone as well, but he still couldn't answer.

"You'd better make a decision quick, then." Alaric said sharply. "I've never had siblings, and now (Y/N) is my host little sister. I'm not a very forgiving person." Alaric stood from his seat and walked away from the couch, leaving the entire room silent except for Crognard playing on the TV.

Just then, you and Donnie burst from the lab, and although you noticed the suddenly dangerous atmosphere, this information couldn't be delayed.

"Guys, this is even worse than I thought! Shredder's mixture it's not an explosive." Donnie began, causing everyone to turn to the two of you.

"So what is it?" Leonardo asked.

"We think he's working on a mind controlling formula." You said, panic lacing your voice. "And if Stockman gets it to work, then he could use it on anyone. Everyone in New York. Us... Or Karai."

There was a sudden solemnness that came from Leonardo, and Alaric knew the moment his expression changed when you mentioned her name.

Karai.

She was the one Leonardo was holding you up for.