Chapter 70 || Better Off Alone

"𝓜𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓽𝓬𝓱, 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮, 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓮 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝔂, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 - 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼 - 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓸�...

"𝓜𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓽𝓬𝓱, 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮, 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓮 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝔂, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 - 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼 - 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶."

"Ohhh, so that's what that 'Karai' chick looks like." Alaric leaned over your shoulder as you were hunched over a computer. You were trying to find Karai again, this time on your own. You really needed to slap some sense into her and speak to her without a filter. After she left, Leo was extremely hesitant on finding her, especially after she seemed so sure of going directly after Shredder. Although you knew where she could strike next, you knew she wouldn't be wasting any more time on those places, so you had to start looking for her from scratch.

"Alaric, please don't look so..." You trailed off with a mild cringe on your face.

"What? She doesn't look half bad - although you always talked about her like she was some brat." He said with a teasing chuckle.

"Oh my - please don't tell me you..." You stared at him with a shocked expression.

"Nah, too young for me." He waved your comment off.

"She's literally the same age as I am."

"Oh well if that's the case, then as long as she doesn't like your boyfriend, I totally wouldn't mind dating her in a few years-" You punched him roughly in the gut. "OW! What the fuck!?"

"Don't joke about something like that! It's not nice to play with someone's feelings!"

"I thought you didn't even like her!" You covered his mouth with your hand.

"Shut up!" You hissed. "It doesn't matter if I don't like her or not, she's still Leo's sister!"

"Adopted."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, but they were the ones who were adopted."

"Alright, alright, whatever. Don't get your underwear in a twist."

You could only sigh. Sometimes Alaric was simply so strange - one day he was the most annoying, aloof, and cold person; and the next he was affectionate, sentimental, and sarcastic. Still, you found it a relief when your T-Phone rang and pulled your attention away from Alaric's comments.

"Thank God-" You muttered before picking up, smirking when you saw Alaric's side glare at you. "Hello?" You asked, still typing away at your computer.

"(Y/N)." It was Leo but he sounded worryingly serious. "We need your help. Raph just ditched again, saying he was quitting the team."

"Isn't this like the 20th time he's said that?" You asked, hearing a distant '27th time actually!' from Donnie in the background.