Chapter 58 || What Best Friends Are For

"𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝔂 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷? 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀

"𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝔂 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷? 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀."

"(Y/N)!" A voice echoed through your aching head. "Wake up! Please, we need your help!"

You opened your eyes groggily. You expected to see the orange force field prison still around you, but you found that it was gone, and you were freed. You shook yourself awake, forcing yourself to steadily get to your feet.

"I'm here! I'm here! What happened?" You asked, still wobbling from the barely conscious state you were in.

"Heeelp!" Mikey cried as he was held upside down by a Vreen. Your weapon hilt was thrown to you and without a second thought, you pressed the release for the mini-rockets and it quickly exploded near the Vreen, freeing Mikey and destroying the alien insect.

You had yet to step off the platform of the prison, but as you tried to, you tripped over something. Slamming face first into the ground, you looked behind you to see what tripped you, and it turned out to be Raph, still spaced out and gloomy as ever.

"Raph, we gotta fight!" Leo called to him. Raph only just barely looked up, still confused, and unable to act on time as his brothers and friends were being thrashed.

"Raphael!" You looked to him, gritting your teeth in anger. You got back up and grabbed the turtle by the top of his plastron. "Get off your green ass and fight!" You spat harshly. "You're always telling me not to make myself suffer unnecessarily, and I can tell you from experience..." Your expression and voice softened in tone. "Everything's gonna be fine, but first we have to make it out of this alive. You were the one who taught me to keep sticking around and see things through to the end. I don't think you're the type of person to give up half way either."

Raph's eyes widened and his face twisted up into an emotion filled with betrayal, tears, and determination. He stood on his feet with your help. "Thanks, (Y/N)." He said, bitterness still in his voice, but resolve in his eyes. You got through to him.

Of course that wasn't of much help. "ENOUGH!" Dregg jumped into the battle and defeated the others without so much as breaking a sweat, you and Raph were next, but not without a fight.

The others had already been defeated and thrown down a dark pit. You both let out a battle cry and joined together to try and attack Lord Dregg. Neither of you made it far before Raph was lifted above Dregg's head and thrown into a pit on the side. "Leo! RAPH!" You cried, trying to rush to catch him. You slid across the floor, your hands barely slipping against Raph's as he and the other boys fell down the ominous looking cavern.