Chapter 44 || Enough Is Enough

"𝓑𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓴𝔂, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂, 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓵𝓵, 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵, 𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽

"𝓑𝓵𝓾𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓴𝔂, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂, 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓵𝓵, 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵, 𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽."

"Hey guys! You didn't respond to my texts, I had to use the map that Donnie lent me to get here, and you know I'm terrible with directions." You said as you jumped over the ticket gate leading to the Lair.

"I'm afraid they're not here, (Y/N)." Master Splinter was the only one to answer, and his words were grim.

"What?... What do you mean not here?" You asked, Alaric following behind you. Although he was surprised at the giant talking rat, he kept his mouth shut, despite his eyes being wide.

Splinter had already heard about Alaric and his first interaction with the turtles. "They've gone to investigate a misleading message. None of them have returned, and I... I fear the worst. "

Your eyes went wide. "Well we have to go find them!" You said desperately. "Where did they say they were going? Were you heading there now?"

"Karai has already contacted me... She has them." Splinter looked away, ashamed and afraid, as any father would be in this situation.

"It's a trap then." Alaric said matter-of-factly as he crossed his arms. "We're going anyways right?"

"No!" Splinter ordered. "You two will not be coming. I must do this. Alone."

"Master Splinter, with all due respect, don't be stubborn!" You said firmly. "It's obviously a trap, and because it is, we should go with more than they expect. I have no doubt that if Karai has April as well, then she would have gone for me too."

Splinter gave both you and Alaric a glance, surveying your expressions. "Very well, we have no time to waste. Let us go."

.

.

.

It wasn't long before all of you encountered foes - first off with Rocksteady and Bebop, but even then, you and Alaric had very little to do. Splinter handled them with ease. It made you realize that the turtles really did learn from the master, and they had a long way to go.

By the time the three of you arrived to where they were keeping the turtles, April was in chains, and you could see Karai with Tigerclaw by her side. Was she really being controlled by a brain worm? She seemed the same as she did last time... Brash, arrogant, demanding and entitled.

Before you knew it, Bradford popped up behind the three of you, snapping his jaws closer to your face than you would have liked. You and Alaric let out a yelp, and Splinter flipped the huge skeleton/wolf mutant into the deep water beneath you.