Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX 

*Chapter inspired by the song Life Is Beautiful by Lil Peep* 

((Isn't life beautiful? I think that life is beautiful)) 

Jamie finally decided to show up three days later than he said he would. I stayed with the Brance family until he came to get me. He looked awful and angry. I could guess what he was mad about. He must have went to Hailey's house to get me and I wasn't there. 

   When I expected Jamie to yell at me for leaving where I was told to stay, he walked right past me, like I wasn't even there. I stared after him as he connected his fist into Chance's face, hard. I whimper as I watch Chance's head turn from the impact and he cusses Jamie out. "What the H*ll, J?" Chance asks holding his face as Jamie clenches and unclenches his fist and huffs angry puffs of air. 

   "I know what is good for my sister, not you. It's not your place to step in and act all big and tough. I am her brother. I know what I'm doing when it comes to taking care of her. I have my whole life," Jamie yells. Chance recoils, but soon after I see something dark come out in him and he clenches his teeth. 

   "You mean like when we were younger and you'd show Tyler videos of her intoxicated by something you'd put in her food? Where is would show you touching her innapropriatley. Oh, I'm sure that's in her best interest. Please, tell me more!" Chance yells as his face goes red. I feel myself go pale. What? I suddenly feels arms go around me and flinch before Tyler shushes into my ear, and I relax into him. I can't believe what Chance just said. Jamie would never. I look at Jamie in disbelief and he just shakes in anger. 

   "How dare you talk about that! I don't show anyone anymore. I was a dumb teenager and wanted to show off how smart I was. That has nothing to do with how much I love her now. She's my everything, and you took away one of the only ways I know how to make her feel better!" Jamie yells out before going to attack Chance. Chance dogges and I feel my legs go weak from under me. They knew? They never told me. They knew and they never told me. I feel tears roll down my cheeks as I quietly sob. This can't be true. This all must just be a bad dream. That's it! I'm dreaming! 

   How can you tell if you're dreaming? Ummm. Pain! If you can't feel pain then you're dreaming! I try to go to pinch myself, but Tyler stops me. He must think I'm going to try to stop the fight. Both boys are now rolling around on the ground, flipping the other over and getting a few punches in before the changes of rolls. How else can I tell if I'm dreaming? Think Jessica! Think!

   Fingers! You have extra fingers in your dreams! I look at my hand and cry harder. Five fingers, on each hand. This is real. It's all real. I cry harder and harder as I watch the boys fighting on the floor. 

   I look over and see Ms.Brance, she's crying too. She makes eye contact with me and breaksdown at the look on my face. I must look completely broken. The only person in my life I thought I could trust was hurting me this whole time. He said it was out of love, but this doesn't feel like love. I cry more and sniffle. I look at Ms.Brance and she nods to me. I take a deep breath and gather myself. 

I scream. As loud as my raw and unused throat can. I scream at them. "Stop it!" Everything goes silent as the boys stop and stare at me from the floor. I cough and cough as my throat becomes a little more used to being used. First time in almost nine years. I clear my throat and looks at my brother. "I think it's time you left," I told him quietly. Ms.Brance comes in with a glass of water and hands it to me. I nod my thanks and drink some. 

   Jamie stands up and overtowers me. I cower away from him and he takes it to his advantage. Jamie grabs me by the hair and starts to drag me out of the front door. "You do as I say! Never the other way around. We're going home and you will act as if nothing is wrong, like we always have. A happy family!" Jamie yells out crazily. I cry from fear and pain as I kick out my legs. Jamie has gone crazy! 

   "Let me go, Jamie," I cry quietly. Jamie stops, but doesn't let go of my hair. He turns to face me and smiles crazily. I cry as I look at the man I thought was my protective brother. 

   "I haven't heard you say my name in so long, baby. Say it again. Do it. For me," he purrs as he drags his hand down the side of my face. I cry as I glance around. We're at one of the smaller parks three blocks from the Bance house. Where are Chance and Tyler? I shake my head no and Jamie slaps my head with the hand that isn't holding my hair. I hiss in pain and Jamie shushes me. "Everything I've ever done, was for you. Everything," he whispers to me as he leans down to me. I try backing away from him, but he pulls my head towards him. I cry as he connects his lips to mine. My true worst nightmare. I wish I was dream. It all hurts so much. I feel a liquid bleed into my mouth and taste the blood. I gasp at the taste and Jamie takes it as his chance. I cringe at the taste of his tongue in my mouth. 

   Then I hear them. Sirens. My savior. I cry from joy, but Jamie grabs me and starts running. Please no. I don't want to end up having to live hidding with Jamie. Please let them catch us.