Chapter 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

*This  chapter is inpired by the song I Hate U, I Love U by Gnash* 

((It hurts me everytime I see you. Realize how much I need you)) 

 "No. You're getting out of my house. Now." 

Tyler is so upset that I can see an angry vein popping out of his neck as the man stands up chest to chest with him. The man sighs and Tyler steps closer to him and shoves him back. The instensity in this room could be cut with a knife. 

   "A little boy like you will not tell me what to do in my own house," says the man. Tyler spits in his face and my eyes go wide. If this man is anything like my father, this will not end well. I cringe back as I see the man snear at Tyler. 

   Suddenly Chance walks in whistling, but he see me first and grins. I smile back and he carefully wraps me in a hug. "Your brother and a man that says he's your father are fighting in your living room," I tell him in a whisper. All emotions suddenly falls off of Chance's face and he nods. Chance kisses my forehead before going into the living room. 

   I watch from my hidden place as Chance looks over the man. Tyler is suddenly pushed out of the way before Chance throws a punch hard enough to send the man to the floor. I cringe back and gasp, I never knew that Chance was so much stronger than Tyler. 

   The man groans from the floor and sits against the wall as he looks up at Chance. "I deffinitley deserved that one," he says truthfully. I see him look at me and I nod. 

   "You deserve so, so much worse than that. You left us! I had to tell Tyler and everyone else you died because Mom couldn't live with the pain of knowing you left her and us for your work. We never came first to you, and it killed her to know that! " Chance's face goes red and he's screaming by the end. I carefully come up behind him and hug him tight from behind. I feel him instantly calm under my touch and I smile as I lean my head against his back. 

   "I am truly sorry, but I am back now. I want to be a dad to you boys," says Mr.Brance. Chance shakes in anger slightly before I squeeze and he stops. Chance holds my hands in place on his chest as he takes a deep breath. 

   "You should have thought about that before leaving our mom to deal with two teenage boys and heartbreak without so much as an apology. Just divorce papers and money to keep the house in her name," Chance says calmly. I smile at how well he's taking care of his anger. 

   "I know, and I'm so sorry. I wasn't in a good place mentally when I decided to take the job and divorce your mother," Michelle says honestly. I see around Chance's back, a single tear roll down Michelle's face before getting mixed in with the blood coming out of his busted lip. 

   "You left. Mom needed you. I needed you! Tyler didn't have a dad for all of highschool and most of middle school! We needed you and you left us with nothing but monthly payments for our house. We want nothing to do with you. I suggest you leave. Now," says Chance in a stern tone. I squeeze one of his hands in mine and he tolds it tight as we both watch his dad get up. 

   "I will go. I know when I'm not welcome, and I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I want to try now, if you will let me. Even if you don't call me 'Dad' and I have to start with just being your friend. I want to be in both you boys' lives. If you'll let me," he says honestly. Both boys become silent and I see Tyler having to take a step back and take deep breaths. I decide to step in. 

   "I think it's time you left. Thank you for the gesture. The boys will contact you if they wish to. I'm sure you already left your number on the fridge," I say calming as I come out from behind Chance. I hold his hand as Chance wraps his wrounds around my shoulder from behind and folds in on me a little. I see the man watch the exchange and a the look that Ms.Brance gave Chance goes over his eyes. He looks at me and nods in understanding before grabbing his suit jacket and leaving. 

After Michelle left, Tyler ran up to his room and slammed the door. I looked over at Chance and he looked exhausted and five years older. I hug him and he picks me up before sitting on the couch with me on his lap. Chance holds me and I hold him. Our worlds are falling apart, and Chance is the most stable thing in my life. I hug him tight and snuggle into his neck as he breathes me in. "I love you," Chance whispers. 

   I fall off the couch and back up a bit on the floor. I made a loud noise, so Tyler came down to see if everything was okay. I looked at Tyler and then at my feet before I started crying. Hard. I cried like my lsat breath depended on it. "No. No. NO," I tell Chance as I hit the ground. "No," I say quietly as I lean agasint the nearest wall and put my head in my hands. I sob. Tyler comes over to me and crouches down to look at me. 

   "What's wrong, Baby J?" Tyler asks quietly. I shake and sniffle. 

   "Chance, you can't love me. Please take it back. Please," I beg within the last inch of me. Please just take it back, Chance. Chance looks at me like I'm crazy and Tyler looks mad, again. Tyler storms over and punches Chance. Hard. 

   "I told you not to do this with everything happening in her life!" Tyler yells as he repeatedly hits his brother over and over again.