Chapter 11 ✔️

" You're gay?"

I look at Zac in disbelief. He did try and get it on last night and now he's confessing that he's gay. I don't have anything against gay people at all. I love them. They are human beings just like the rest of us, only with an interest in the same sex.

" Yes I'm gay." he confirms.

I look around me in search of cameras. This must be a joke. Any time now someone is going to jump out and laugh at my reaction which will lead up to me punching them for scaring the crap out of me.

" This doesn't make sense. Why did you - huh?" I say making no sense what so ever.

For someone who has nothing against gay people you clearly struggle to believe a guy when he's confessing that's he's gay.

It's different this time around okay. Why does my conscience hate me so much? Sheesh.

" Being gay doesn't go well around with the guys. No one knows. In order to keep my secret I have to keep up the act of a college dude with hormonal problems. Last night got a little out of hand when I had one too many drinks and I'm sorry it happened like that. I never intended for it to go down like that at all. I just get so frustrated at times because this secret is eating me up from inside. I know that isn't an excuse for my behavior but Ally I truly am sorry. " he apologizes.

I gulp. I don't know exactly how to respond to his confession. We barley know each other and he just told me his deepest secret that not even his brother knows of. My heart sinks a little for him. He's emotionally unstable from having to keep lying to everyone. The secret is making him question his identity instead of embracing it. It must be hard. Going around and pretending to be someone you aren't just to avoid what the society will say as soon as he comes out. We all have secrets and there is always a reason why it should stay a secret. I'm not saying what he did was reasonable but I get where he is coming from.

I don't say anything as I wrap my arms around him into a bone crushing hug. He tenses up and doesn't immediately hug me back but after a few seconds I feel his arms wrap around me.

" I'm here for you."

I feel him nod as I release my death grip on him and take a step back. I won't treat him different just because he plays for the same team but it does help me understand him more.

" Oh and Ally-"

" Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. " I wink as I walk over to the passenger side of Tyler's car.

Zac mouths a quick thank you before he is off to his own car.

Once I close the door from Tyler's car I see him tense up from beside me. His grip on the wheel tightens and I see his knuckles turn white.

" Mind explaining why the fuck you just hugged the guy who tried to force himself on you last night?" Tyler spits.

I watch the other cars drive off but Tyler doesn't make a move to follow them. I sigh. I can't exactly tell Tyler that Zac is gay. I promised him I wouldn't spill his secret. I'm not that kind of person. I know Tyler won't take the new found friendship between me and Zac lightly due to what he has done to me.

" He apologized and I accepted his apology. I don't like holding grudges against people. YOLO." I say quickly, begging Tyler to drop the subject and drive off.

Tyler shakes his head in disbelief. Of course he wouldn't drop it.

" Stop being so damn naive and open your eyes Ally. " Tyler spits as he turns his head to look at me.

" What makes you think he's not going to pull a stunt like that again?" he asks.

Because he's gay.