Chapter 38 ✔️

" Your mom is going to kill you." I state.

Tyler winces as the needle shoots through his lobe. He acts as if the action didn't affect him the slightest by pulling his face straight again but I of course saw his reaction.

" And your mom is going to kill you. "he comments.

I take a deep breath in and wait impatiently for the needle to shoot through my navel. I feel a little pinch and hold in my breath but luckily it is over as quickly as it started.

" My mom already tried to kill me. " the guy behind the counter announces making all four of us turn to him with shock written over our facial features.

" That's deep." the guy comments who is busy with Tyler's earnings.

We all nod in agreement. That definitely took a turn for the worse.

" All done." the guy says in front of me.

He allows me to stand up from the chair I was positioned on to look at my new piercing in the wall length mirror.

" Prefect." I smile as I look at the shiny belly ring that is now attached to my skin.

I always wanted a navel piercing. Mom always threw the topic out of the window just as I brought it up. If she had to see me now, I would probably be the reason she is sent to an early grave.

Why Tyler got ear piercings I'll never understand. I just know Rachelle isn't going to be too pleased with him especially with the fact that he got it the day before Christmas eve. I can't believe the time went by so fast. We've already been here for 5 days and it feels like we only arrived yesterday. We're leaving the day after Christmas so today is the last day we get to spend doing what we want to do because tomorrow is the whole thing with the Christmas eve party and then it's Christmas the next day and then we have to head back to campus before driving off to the beach house.

" That looks hot." Tyler states from behind me. His eyes zoom in on my new piercing. He better not get any ideas. The wound has to heal before he can start playing with it.

It's a shame no one will see it for a while seeing as we're at the start of the winter season. I don't know why I decided today of all days to get the navel piercing but I did and I'm definitely not regretting it. Well not now at least.

Tyler pays for both our piercings, much to my dismay, and walks us out of the tatoo parlor.

" Aren't you going to comment on my earnings?" Tyler asks as he lightly bumps my shoulder.

" I was taught that when I don't have something nice to say I shouldn't say anything." I shrug.

I can feel the glare from my left side from where Tyler is standing.

I don't like the earrings.

Period.

I don't want to lie to the guy.

" You're just jealous. " he smirks before taking the lead and walking off.

Yeah right. As if I don't have three piercings in both my ears.

I'll just let him have his moment and keep quiet.

" We have to pick Hayley up on our way home." Tyler speaks up once he finishes typing on his phone.

I don't know how people walk and text at the same time. I'm way too clumsy for that combination to work. Either I drop my phone or I would walk into something or someone. I'd rather not take my chances.

" I thought she wasn't allowed to go out?"

" She snuck out." Tyler shrugs as if it's no big deal.