Chapter 30 ✔️

**TRIGGER WARNING!!!
The following chapter might trigger some of you who are more emotional than others. Please don't read the following chapter if you get triggered easily. You won't miss out on important details as I will lightly explain what happened throughout the next few chapters. Once again please do not read if you get triggered easily ❤️

* Flashback *

I woke up this morning feeling a little excited for the day ahead.

My first day of senior year.

As quickly as my feet could carry me I went into my bathroom and started getting ready for the day.

It's going to be a good day.

I hear mom yelling from Maddie's room. She always struggles to get Maddie out of bed. I on the other hand can't sleep after my alarm wakes me up.

I laugh at the thought of mom dragging my twin sister out of the bed by her arm. That's a sight I have seen one too many times.

I quickly finish up getting ready for school. It's chilly outside so I decided on wearing a white loose fit crop jumper and a pair of washed out sky blue high-rise jeans. I let my hair hang loosely and applied a light layer of makeup before skipping down the stairs.

" Good morning." I greet with a small smile as I enter the kitchen.

Dad is sitting down with a cup of coffee in the one hand while scrolling through his IPad. Mom is busy cooking breakfast behind the oven while talking on the phone that is pressed between her ear and shoulder. I don't see Maddie so she's probably still getting dressed.

" Morning sweetheart." dad greets me and gets up to pull me in for one of his famous bear hugs.

I savor the little warmth I get from his hug and shiver once he leaves me to fight against the cold morning air. It's only the start of August, I can't understand why it's so cold today.

" Morning sweetie." mom greets me with a kiss on the cheek as I pass her to reach the fridge.

I grab a bottle of water before sitting down on the kitchen island and waiting for mom to finish up the breakfast. The smell of bacon fills my nostrils and I have to hide the slight moan from escaping.

" You excited for school to start? " dad questions as mom puts down a plate of delicious food in front of me. She gives me a light squeeze on the arm before starting to prepare Maddie's breakfast. She's a vegetarian so mom has double the amount of work to do when it comes to cooking for us.

" Kind of. I'm just excited to see Chloe at school again." I shrug before propping some bacon into my mouth.

" Oh yes. She was gone with her family for the summer break. Dubai you said?" Mom asks from behind the oven.

I nod in reply and continue stuffing my face. Light conversation goes around the 3 of us. I love these morning conversations with my family. Usually Maddie is out by now but I guess she's having a hard time getting an outfit ready for the day. We would sit here and catch up on what has been going on in the last few days and then plan our day ahead.

" I have a meeting with a potential client at 1. After that I'm all yours." dad states as he wraps his arms around mom.

I swear I can feel my breakfast come up.

" Guys please. Save it for when I'm not here." I say in disgust.

They both chuckle at my clear disgust but nonetheless untangle themselves from each other.