Chapter 27 ✔️

" Mom he's doing it again!"

" Tyler leave your sister alone!"

" She took my charger!"

" George talk to your kids!"

" I didn't birth them!"

" It takes two to tango!"

My ears are sore from all the yelling. I feel like a person watching a movie corrupt into chaos as the Anderson family members scatter around the house like it is on fire.

Tyler and Hayley keep on arguing while Rachelle tries to look for the charger that Hayley apparently took without his permission. George is tying up his tie and I - well I'm just trying to stay sane.

It's as if the whole house comes to a stop when we hear ringing coming from the kitchen. I watch as Rachelle walks over to the intercom that's placed against the kitchen wall and press a button. She exchanges a few words with the person on the other side before turning towards us.

" The guests are here."

It didn't take long before the house was filled up by guests. Rachelle gave us all a warning to be on our best behavior before opening up for the first guests. I honstley felt like a child when Rachelle spoke to us that way but I can't blame the woman, she has Tyler as a son.

The dress code was formal so I had to make a quick stop at the mall earlier to get a dress seeing as my other dresses aren't appropriate for this occasion. I had on a maroon long sleeved dress with a dangerously high slit showing off my somewhat tanned leg. The top part of the dress showed just enough cleavage for it to still be presentable and I paired the dress off with matching high heels. For someone who just realized they didn't have a dress I did a pretty decent job. Tyler thought so as well as he couldn't stop throwing compliments my way. I always get awkward when someone gives me a compliment but I'll gladly accept it.

" You having fun?" Tyler asks from behind me.

I turn around and smirk when I notice the red lip marks on his cheek.

" I alway enjoy watching the old ladies kiss you."

Tyler rolls his eyes before stepping closer so that he can stand next to me. From where we are standing we have a view of the whole room set up for the party. I don't think fancy will even begin to describe how this place looks. Pictures of Rachelle and George are scattered all over the room in different shapes and sizes of frames. Some family photos also make their appearance here and there. Buffets are set up all over the room with different varieties of snacks to keep the guests occupied until dinner is served. Waiters are walking around with neatly balanced champagne glasses and if someone is not up for champagne there is an open bar in the corner of the room. Classical music is also playing in the background and there is a makeshift dance floor set out for people to dance later on.

" You're just jealous they get to kiss me." Tyler smirks.

A pang hits my heart again. Why won't he kiss me? I'm starting to think I'm going crazy. This really shouldn't bother me for God's sake.

" Whatever floats your boat." I say patting him on the chest.

Tyler chuckles and catches my hand in his. He wraps his fingers around mine before bringing it closer to his lips and laying down a soft kiss.

" Want to dance-"

" Tyler!" I hear someone yell from behind us.

Tyler freezes and breaks apart immediately to turn around to the person behind us. I try not to over think about what just happened and decide to look at who just spoiled an
oddly cute moment for me. Curses.