Chapter 2

Loud music shook the studio as the girls practiced the dance moves they just learned.

"And hip.... pop! Shuffle shuffle! Bow bow bow!"

The instructor stood in the front, clapping to the beat as he watched the two girls. He was amazed that they caught on so quick. Today they were dancing with their new instructor while their other one was on tour dancing with Beyoncé.

He wasn't no ordinary temporary replacement though. He was a retired choreographer who worked with the likings of Chris Brown and Usher.

As the song came to an end, he pulled his phone out and stopped it from repeating.

"Alright let's bring it in-"

They semi-squatted with their hands on their knees, in a circle in the middle of the studio.

"Next practice will be quite, interesting.. so make sure you come with your A game," he nodded with his finger over his mouth.

"Alright bet." Londynn nodded.

They finished up and headed out of the studio.

"Boyyy it's hot!" Devon shouted with her hand shielding her eyes.

Londynn looked around for Gordon and spotted him across the street in some shade.

"Girl, Gordon is right over there so we're straight," she said as she led Devon over to him.

Gordon quickly walked over to them and led them to the door.

"Miss Londynn, your parents will throw a fit if they knew you walked across the street alone," he hissed while opening the car door.

"But Devon is right here," she joked.

When they got in the truck, they expressed their gratitude that the cool air was blowing.

Gordon drove them home where Alicia and Devon's mother, Denise, were waiting.

"Thank you for the ride Mr. Gordon," Devon said flashing a smile.

"You're very welcome Miss Devon,"

They headed inside where the two mothers were sitting in the kitchen, giggling and drinking wine.

"Especially for back to school- oh,"

"Hey Ma,"

"Hey Momma," the girls said in unison.

Devon sat down and gave her mother a quick peck, while Londynn walked to the fridge and pulled out two cold water bottles.

"What are you two talking about?" Londynn asked while leaning against the counter.

Alicia downed the rest of her drink and proceeded to pour more in her glass.

"Grown folks talk. How was practice?" Denise asked.

Devon and Londynn shrugged it off.

"Those no breaks are a struggle. We thought Ashley was bad but this new dude gives us a break at the END of practice," Devon answered as she grabbed the bottle from Londynn.

She opened the bottle and took a long swig of the cold water.

"That's what comes with working with someone of the opposite sex," Denise said.

"I mean he's ok and he definitely knows what he's doing but those no breaks," Londynn shook her head.

"Where's dad?" she asked.

Normally when her mom had her friends over, he was no where to be found.

"He's down helping film that new movie," Alicia waved.