Chapter 9

It was now the second week of school and Londynn was slowly but surely getting the hang of things. Today was the Wednesday of part 1 of dance try outs and as much as Londynn wanted to be there, one of her father's friends' was hosting a party. Although she didn't have a problem missing try outs for a party, she now felt bad being on the phone with Devon.

"Yeah there's so many girls here trying out!" Devon stated.

Londynn rolled across the bed in her silk robe, careful not to mess up her fresh curls and makeup.

"I'm really sorry Dev, but we go to this party every year. He's one of my dads' good friends in the industry," Londynn sighed.

All of that was true, but there was more to it that Londynn failed to tell. Her father's friend had a son around the same age as her and Londynn found his son VERY attractive. They had known each other since they were kids. As they grew up though, puberty and hormones started happening and they drifted from each other.

They still followed each other on social media though.

"Girl I understand you just better hope Tierra does too cause she told us in the beginning 'if ya lil friend ain't here, then they just not trying out point period,' " Devon impersonated.

Londynn giggled.

Earlier in class, Tierra had asked if Londynn was going to make tryouts however Londynn said something came up. Tierra had twisted her lips to the side as if she was thinking but said nothing.

"Surely she can make an exception for lil ole me," Londynn smirked into the camera.

Devon playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yeah tell that to everyone else who had stuff come up, but please promise you'll work something out cause if I make the team by myself I'm quitting," Devon sighed.

After Londynn told her she wasn't making tryouts, Devon had planned on calling her mom to come get her. The only reason she was going was because it was supposed to be something the two friends could engage in together. Devon had already declined the fashion offer because it conflicted with school but the dance team worked out with it.

After she called her mom, Devon received a pep talk from Londynn. She told her to try out and stop being scared. That her confidence was being hidden behind others and that she needed to be independent. She said more than that but that's the short, pg-13 version. Of course Londynn didn't yell at her best friend... just a little motivation.

"Devon remember our talk earlier? Need me to repeat it?" Londynn asked.

"Anyways girl, our break is over so I'll get back at you later." Devon smiled as she ignored her question.

"Good luck pooh!" Londynn cheered.

"Thanks bestie! And don't forget picture day is tomorrow!" Devon reminded.

Londynn blew a virtual kiss at her and hung up.

She got up and strolled to her closet to look for an outfit. Since it was a black on black dinner party, she settled on a black, backless, long-sleeve cocktail dress. She was going to wear it some awards show but changed her mind. The dress was in great condition because she had only tried it on at the time. She walked to the other side of her closet and found a pair of black ankle strap heels to pair it with.

She put the dress on and it definitely complimented her body like it should. She tied on her heels and grabbed a silver wristlet to add the finishing touch to her outfit. She was admiring herself and snapping pictures when someone knocked on her door.

She knew it was no one but Gordon because Alicia would have just walked in.

"Yes?"

"Miss Londynn are you ready?"