~ objection ~

~ how beautiful is it to stay silent when someone expects you to be enraged ~

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~ how beautiful is it to stay silent when someone expects you to be enraged ~

2 months later

Look at me Mackenzie, right here, look at me alright!" I scream, my gun trained on Terri Combran.

He abducted 4 families who were on vacation and the Hawls were about to be his 5th.

We were standing in the middle of a cornfield, Terri Combran was holding a gun to Mackenzie's head,  but also kept moving it, training it on her family who were tied to a tractor, sobbing.

We couldn't get a clean shot on him because of how close he had her to himself.

"Eyes over here Mackenzie, look at me! Focus on me!" I yell, the sounds of tractor engines and helicopters being the reason I had to raise my voice.

Rossi was trying to talk down the unsub, saying things like, 'You don't  have to do this,' and 'Let the girl go,'.

"She's just a kid, look at her, LOOK AT HER," Morgan shouts.

Combran starts shaking his head, "Shut up, SHUT UP, shut up!" he shouts, waving his gun around everywhere.

"She did nothing Combran, let her go, you don't have to die today," Hotch says calmly, his voice only raised to Terri could hear him.

"Mackenzie! Look at me, eyes over here!" I yell, catching her bright blue eyes with my brown ones.

"Let the girl go!" Rossi shouts.

Combran lifts the gun from her head and points it at him, "I told you to shut up! Shut up,"

He turns the gun again, pointing it to the helicopter in the sky, shooting at it, "Mackenzie down, drop!" I shout, causing her to slam hard against him and fall out of his left arm onto the muddy ground.

Shots rang out, 3, and hit Combran in the chest, causing  him to fall back as Mackenzie runs to her family.

*

Everyone was chipper on the jet ride back, all in a better mood because everyone in the family made it and we caught an unsub who had been at it for 4 years. 

I sat silently on the jets floor, my face void of any emotion as I thought of court.

It had been a month and a half since I joined the BAU, and a month since I filed a report against my mother.

So far, the process has been easy, it went a lot faster then I thought it would, but I was happy that it was coming to an end.

All I have to do is give my witness statement and I should be able to have guardianship over my siblings.

My mother didn't really help her case when the initial report was issued and questioning happened.

My lawyer showed me the tape and I honestly couldn't keep myself from laughing.