~ emergency contact ~

~ a weak man has doubts before a decision, a strong man has them afterwards ~

I smooth out the bottom of my dark green summer dress, my nervous attitude not going unnoticed by Tessa.

Tonight was the night I met Jack, the night Hotchner officially met my siblings.

Sending me a small smile, she knocks for me, "It's fine, it's just a dinner, do you really think Dave will let Aaron get away with shit?"

Knowing she was right I roll my eyes, laughing a bit, "Language Tess," I mumble, sending her a slight glare.

One thing I hate about being both her sister and mother figure is the fact I have to correct her on shit that I had done her age, shit I still do with no apology.

Hotch's front door swings open, a small blonde child being the source of the action.

I try to turn off my profiling skills but I know for a fact this was a test from Hotch.

He would never let his kid open the door if he didn't know it was me, especially with his job.

Dropping to my knees I send him a smile, "Hey, you must be Jack?" I ask the kid, smiling a bit at his soccer jersey.

He nods politely, "That's me, my daddy said that- um, I mean our dad" he corrects himself, "Said you were coming and to be nice, but uh, since your not really a stranger, I don't know if you deserve niceness. Is that rude, because da-"

I laugh slightly cutting him off, "Don't worry about it. Let me tell you a secret?" I ask, earning a nod, "I was not very nice to your-" I cut myself off, coughing a bit when he raises his eyebrows in question over why I didn't call Hotch my dad, "Our daddy, when I first met him, when I found out he was my dad," I tell him.

Before he could respond, Hotch comes up behind him, causing me to stand back up.

This was the first time I had seen him without a suit, even when we first met and he was jogging with me he was wearing a suit.

Instead, he stood in front of me in a pair of black jeans and a gray t-shirt looking every bit of an American dad.

Sending us all a smile, he motions us in. 

Squinting my eyes slightly, a shake my head earning a questioning look from Hotchner.

Walking inside, I shut the door behind me, my hand lingering as I slowly turn to him, "You smiled," I state, causing him to chuckle quietly.

"So did you,"

Rolling my eyes, I lift my hand off the door, following him into the kitchen.

The lingering smell of pancakes makes me smile again, "Smells good in here" I announce, earning a nod.