~ pride comes before the fall ~

~ there is no terror in the bang of a gun; only the anticipation of it ~

Do not fear. We are on the side of the righteous," Cyrus speaks loudly, though the basement under the church.

My eyes race everywhere, "Where's Lunde?" I ask.

"It wasn't us," is all he said.

I scoff, shaking my head, "What? You can't shoot it out with the cops, you have children here." I say, disbelief covering my face.

Shrugging he looks behind me, "I didn't start this." and with he turned away, talking with his men.

Once he left, I turn to Reid, "Did you know about this?" I ask him, half noticing the eyes of one of Cyrus's men on me.

Reid shakes his head, "No,"

"Why is he starring at me?" I ask, making eye contact with the guy, sending him a nervous smile.

All part of the act.

"I don't know," he mumbles, pulling me into a hug, "Do not go out of my sight, okay?" he whispers in my ear causing me to slightly nod.

*

We were all assembled in the chapel, Dave had just left after bringing supplies to Ben, most likely to build some sort of trust.

"We are celebrating-" I drone him out, more focused on Jessica and how she was responding to him.

Leaning over slightly to get Reid's , I start whispering, "Look at Jessica's body language. The way she looks at him. She literally worships him. There's no way she made that 911 call." I say, keeping my face straight ahead to make it seem like I was just paying attention.

Reid nods, "Look how she comes between Cyrus and her daughter. She inserted herself bewtween them."

Tuning back into Cyrus, I physically force myself to not roll my eyes, "And he will guide your way,"

"We will be with him soon," I look at Reid my mouth slightly open, "We have drank the poison together."

Shaking my head, I watch him carefully, not fully buying into it.

"Mothers..."

"Fathers....."

"Children....."

"Though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we fear no evil, for thou art with us."

Tuning him out again, I study the children, the parents, something wasn't right about this, "What do we do?" I ask Reid.

He shakes his head slightly, "Nothing."

I open my mouth but close it again, trying to think of something to say, all though I knew he was right.

"I think he's bluffing," he states, causing me to nod slightly, "Right, why?" I ask, squinting my eyes slightly.