~ playing therapist ~

~ in life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate ~

Awkwardness is something that I am honestly super accustom to.

Having two siblings and raising them for 2 years kind of makes it an everyday thing.

But here, now, on this jet, I feel like if I even move an inch I'll be forced to delve into a conversation with Mr. Biological father who is staring at me intensely.

Everyone seemed to respect the fact we wished to not talk and Dereck assigned jobs and reviewed the case.

I just sat starring out the jet window, it was about 10 minutes before we were to land, and it was completely silent.

Actually the only sound was the chess pieces that Reid placed on the board, playing against himself. 

I guess my life was kind of like a chess game, every choice planned out carefully in the hope that in the end I win.

That maybe something would actually come out of all the hard decisions and positions that I chose and was put in.

Maybe this new information was the check in my life and Hotch was the checkmate, but honestly, I couldn't dwell on some small thread of hope.

I have absolutely no idea how Hotchner is going to respond to this all, and its not like he's ever super open with his feelings so I'm not expecting much.

My whole life I wanted  to believe that any parental figure would just stay in my life long enough for me to be a kid, but I'm an adult now and that false childish hope is just that, false hope.

Aaron Hotchner is just that, a name, a false hope on a piece of paper that I don't want to acknowledge.

The closest person to ever stay in my life long enough for me to build any sort of trust with them is Brandon, and maybe Mr. Kyler.

And ya, I trust my siblings, but it's my job to take care of them, I would never let them ever have to worry about me.

*

"We need him to confess," Hotch states the obvious making me roll me eyes.

We've sent Morgan and JJ in there and nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

This guy is a narcissist and is the literal definition for cocky, always having a smart ass answer for a serious question.

When Morgan was interrogating him Hotch had to drag him out before he beat the shit out of the guy who sat there with a smug look on his face.

But when JJ walked in, he just shut down completely, wouldn't say a word.

So needless to say, we had gotten no where.

Rossi's eyes scan the room and land on me, "Send Tate in there, see how he responds," he suggests, motioning to me slightly.