11

Wyatt POV
I walk into Sophia's house and see Yesenia and Finn in the living room.
Finn looks up at me "hey dude are you ok? Your eyes look red and puffy" shit I didn't realize that I'd been crying. "It's nothing, is y/n here?" "I don't know where she went but she hasn't come back" Yesenia explains.
I go up to my room and curl up on my bed. It's stuff like this that makes glad I have my own room.
I hear someone come in and I look up to see Finn. "Wyatt I know your not ok, if you don't want to tell me it's fine but what's going on?" he sits on my bed looking concerned. "It's about y/n" I say, sitting up.
"Wait dude do you like her? You know Jack likes her, right?" Finn says. It felt like he was accusing me of cheating or something. "Well if you're gonna be a dick about it I'd rather not talk" I turn on my side away from him.
"Look I'm sorry. It's just... that's kinda like bro code 101, don't steal a girl if a different guy has dibs." He looks genuinely sorry but I must still have some anger in me because I snap at him.
"Your such an asshole Finn. That dehumanizes girls and makes them like objects. If y/n chooses me over Jack then that shouldn't break a stupid code and he should be happy for me."
I get up and start to walk out of the room when Finn stops me. "I'm sorry man I'm not good with emotional stuff, you know that. You're right that is an asshole thing to do, can we please start over?" "Fine" I've managed to calm down a little and sit on the bed.
"Wait dude do you like y/n? I bet she totally likes you back!" I let a laugh "I bet she 100% hates me" my mood darkens again.
Finn notices my face become sad "why in the world would you say that?" "Because, I got jealous and exploded. I said some not nice things." I used to have anger issues but I went to therapy and it helped a lot. Finn is one of the few people I told.
"Well shit. What caused you to explode?" he questions. "It's a long story" he grabs my hands "Wy, what kind of friend would I be if I left you hanging just because 'it's a long story'" he reassured me.
I tell him everything that happened. About how I sent Jack away and asked y/n out, about how awkward it was downtown, about how we started talking at Ruby Mae's, and about what happened at the mall.
"Damn that is bad, what are you going to do?" Finn says staring at the floor in shock. "I don't know, I want to apologize but I have no idea where she'd be. I checked her house and she's not there" I'm looking down at the floor too.
"I think I know where she might be" I look up and see Yesenia walking into the room.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just heard  y/n's name and had to make sure she was ok" "well she's not but maybe she can be, where is she?" Finn asks her.
"First give me a good reason as to why you yelled at y/n like that, and 'being jealous' is not a good answer." I tell Yesenia about my anger issues and ask her to take me to y/n.
"Ok fine, but if you ever hurt her again you won't live to see the light of day. A few years ago she discovered this secret lake in the park and showed me and Sophia"
"A secret lake?" I give her a confused look.
"Yeah there's a walking trail and another trail hidden by leaves and tree branches and stuff that goes off from the main one. If you follow it there's a small lake at the end. Y/n likes to go to it when she feels down, or stressed, or mad. Sometimes Soph and I go to it but not as much as y/n" Finn hits her playfully "well then what are you waiting for? Take us there!"
And so we go to the park.
(For the 3 people that read this, y'all today is Wyatt's birthday so 🥳🥳🥳)