falling

I do not say any of these happened the way I wrote them, I don't know about their lives.

Louis and Harry had never had an easy relationship. Yes, it was easy when they were together, being at home, having secret dates, falling asleep while watching movies, simply being around each other. But only when they were home.

In public, Louis had been with Eleanor for years now. He had a child with another woman, and he had made up with Eleanor. They were the power couple of the industry.

But, even though Harry and Louis both loved each other to death, they had split up multiple times.

In 2012 Louis had given Harry a promise ring.

In 2013 he proposed to him. But only a few weeks later he broke up with his fiancé, because he "couldn't do it anymore".

Until they had made up (which was only a month later), Harry was miserable. He had written two ghosts, a song that discribed his feelings perfectly, and then played it to the boys, hoping it would make it on the album.

But it didn't, because Modest! didn't allow it.

They got married on September 28th in 2013, and were going strong.

Until 2015, when Louis and Eleanor 'broke up' and Modest! set up a stunt to make it look like he knocked up his one night stand.

Harry tried his best to help Louis deal with the situation, and for a while it worked. But Freddie made it complicated again.

He was Louis' child, not only Briana's, but she didn't look after him properly, still got drunk and high. Louis loved Freddie. And he was an innocent child, he shouldn't have to be in this situation.

Louis hated it, hated to put a child through this.

After the band had gone on a hiatus, Harry and Louis had started to fight non-stop. It was over the smallest things, like doing laundry or doing the washing up. Back then, they tried to mend their relationship with sex, which made their marriage toxic for both of them, since the only time they didn't fight, they were fucking, it was like a drug, it wasn't good for them because they didn't do it out of love, they did it for the same reason people take drugs. It was toxic.

They did break up, and this time it lasted longer than ever before. Now it was 2020 and they were quarantined together since March, after Louis' show in Madrid where a few people had suffered from the Coronavirus, but still attended the show.

Being together for so long (seeing as how they were travelling most of the time, or recording, but being apart most of the time), was something they weren't used to. They enjoyed the time together, but they fought a lot.

It kept reminding Harry of when they had their hardest fight ever, back in 2016.

flashback...

He was in his little house in Hempstead, wanting to have a romantic date with his husband. Harry had prepared dinner for them, and now had waited for two hours for Louis to come home.

He heard a door fall shut, and minutes later, Louis came in the kitchen. He didn't hug or kiss Harry hello, he didn't even bother to say hello. He just sat down and started eating, waiting for Harry to do the same before speaking up.

"I can't do this anymore." "Do what?", Harry asked. "Be with you. Love you. I need a break", Louis answered.

Harry felt like his heart was ripped out of his chest. "Why?", he whispered.

"Because all you care about is yourself. We were never meant to be, Harry, can't you see it? You're only holding me back. I can't be happy being tied to you. I can't have fun knowing you're waiting for me. You're selfish for having ever made me stay with you!", Louis explained.