independence day

Ever since his audition for The X-Factor, Louis had been bound to a contract with Simon Cowell.

Said contract changed later, after the performance in the gay bar, and became proper toxic for him. It said he had to do whatever Simon decided he should do, because that's what's best for him. Louis, being naive, believed him. But soon he realized this had been his worst mistake.

So, after ten years of constant pain, pretending and performing, both contracts ended. The one that bound him to stunting, and the one that bound him to Syco Music.

He went to Syco Music's office to tell them he'll part ways with them, and surprisingly they agreed. He didn't know to which label he was changing yet, but he figured he could decide later.

So when Louis got home, he told Harry about the change. Harry couldn't have been happier for Louis, and did a little dance.

Louis watched him with a fond smile. After both of them had calmed down, Louis grabbed his phone to tell his fans the amazing news.

@ Louis_Tomlinson: Hope everyone is doing ok! Just wanted to let you know that Syco Music and I have agreed to part ways. I'm really excited for the future and to be back in the studio writing the next album. Can't wait to finally see you all on tour!!
Stay safe and see you soon, Louis x

He hit tweet.

Seconds later, he watched the first comments come in, mainly stuff like "oh my god I'm so happy for you", "congrats", "I'm so proud of you", "finally" or, his personal favourite "OH MY GOD WE BEEN KNEW BITCHES WATCH THE ANTIS LOSE THEIR SHIT BECAUSE HE WILL BE HIMSELF AND FREE AGAIN HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH".

He smiled at the amazing support of his fans. Both Louis and Harry read the responses for a few more minutes, before Louis phone started ringing. He got a lot of calls telling him how happy they were for him. Liam, Niall, Josh, his sisters, Zayn, even Eleanor.

Louis couldn't have been happier.

He turned to look at Harry. "You know that I only got through ten years of bullshit because of you, right?" Harry's smile got a little bit sadder, but he nodded.

"Yeah, I know, and I'm so proud of you, because you've been so strong the whole time. We'll actually get to come out in the near future!"

Louis nodded happily. Then he pressed his lips to Harry's, kissing him senseless. His hands tugged at Harry's curls, which had grown a lot the past few months, and he led him back to the couch.

a few days later...

Louis knew he had the best fans in the world. They had trended #ProudOfLouis, LOUIS TOMLINSON and #FreeLouis for days. Most of them had changed their twitter headers, and added is proud of Louis to their names.

He loved every single one of them.

Right now, he and Harry were on their way to Italy, going on a short holiday to celebrate Louis' freedom properly.

Again, a few days later

Photoshop fails. That was all Louis could think about. It was actually ridiculous how bad some people were at photoshopping. They always made it so obvious. It was fun, though, and he knew the fans knew it was photoshop.

They always knew.

It's now been a week since the "Loudependence day", as the Larries and Louies liked to call it, and he had been happier than he'd been before.

He was so close to being 100% free now, it was just a matter of months, maybe just weeks. Until then, he knew he'd just have to wait and hope for the best.

Because it'd all be okay in the end.

-------

So this was really shit, I know this, and it's way too short, but I just wanted to write something about Louis being free, so I guess I'll just deal with it.

Thank you so much for reading!!

Requests?

Love, L.